“Pretty Typical”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restuarant is in close walking distance if you are staying ath the Holiday Inn Express. It was pretty typical Chinese fare in both decor and menu. Meal was satisfying and it's proximity to the hotel made it an excellent alternative to leaving the area by car.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is my favorite Cantonese style Chinese restaurant in San Antonio. I am from Shanghai but I can't find a single good and authentic Chinese restaurant in SA until I found Pearl Inn. My favorite items are: Cantonese Roast Duck, Hong Kong Style Prawn (in Chinese: Bi Feng Tang Prawn), Steamed Fish in Cantonese Style, Pan Fried Chilean Sea Bass in Black Bean Sauce, Braised Tofu, Braised Fishes, Stir Fried Seasonal Fresh Vegetables (Snow Pea Leaves, Chinese Broccoli in Oyster Sauce, Taiwanese Baby Bock Choy and etc.)
Last Oct, I had a group of Chinese delegation visiting SA and I took them to Pearl Inn. They loved it and all agreed that it is very authentic Cantonese style.
I have been a Pearl Inn's customer since 2001 and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for good and authentic Cantonese style Chinese food.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This has been here for a number of years. The food was decent but the rugs leading to the kitchen had dead roaches ooh it. The restrooms were old not so clean and dated. Service was great. Where there is one roach there are many more.. Just look at the dirty ceilings and air vents.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

If you enjoy waiting 30 minutes for a pickup order when they tell it will only be 15 minutes, then this place is for you!! I went to go pick my order and there wasn't a soul in the restraunt...no customers or workers...and this was at 1130am on a wednesday. So I wait about 15 minutes and then start calling out to the back, with no response. I poked my head around the corner only to have a small chinese lady start yelling at me and tells me my order will be ready when it's ready and that I need to go back and wait. I walked out....their food isn't good enough to justify yelling at their customers after making them wait twice as long as promised.

1  Thank amd210
Reviewed February 1, 2012

In truth the other reviews are correct in having some issues with service, but my family has developed a relationship with the owner. It is a family ran restraunt and the margin for profit is low. Yet the quality is superb and the prices extremely fair. We have moved all over town & still make the drive.