“BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place was kind of dirty. A hole in the wall BBQ joint. The food was nothing special and they have no wine selection at all, only red and white of a brand the bartender didn't know.

This was within walking distance of the hotel, but we only went once in a week and felt no need to return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Went to the County Line for the first time with my boyfriend and we were expected awesome food great atmosphere and got neither. Atmosphere very drab and monotone for the lack of a better word. We ordered margaritas - come on it would be hard to mess that up however they succeeded on being horrible in that category as well. Bitter and old margarita left in the machine and served to patrons. Now the food....you will love this - the server had his finger in my potato salad and my green beans were hanging off the side of the bowl it was served in. GROSS!!!!!! Have some consideration when u serve people food. Ok ok ok here is one positive note - the actual waiter was ok....not attentive but that's ok because we don't like to be bothered every two minutes. So as Siskel and Ebert would say - We give The County Line - TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is one of my favorite bar b que places to go to in San Antonio. I usually get the 2 meat combo with brisket and pulled pork.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I am a Texas Country music lover and had heard of County Line BBQ as a place for concerts. I didn't realize there were 2 (one on I-10 and one @ Riverwalk). We went to I-10.

Atmosphere was as expected; country and "down home" so that was fine.

The food is so-so compared to other BBQ I've had. The beef ribs are HUGE (King's platter or something like that) and too tough for my taste. The pork ribs are better. Go for those.

I had the sausage, 2nd cut marbled brisket, and pulled pork. The pulled pork was great and I would've ordered JUST that in the future. Brisket was pretty good (6 on a 10 scale) and the sausage was just regular ol sausage. Nothin special.

All in all an ok joint but there's DEF better BBQ around. And I don't think there's a ton of music at the I-10 location so might have to check out the Riverwalk one next.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and I recently went to San Antonio for 4 days on a short get away. We decided to eat at the best rated restaurants for different type of food. The county line was a bit disappointing. The portions were big, the sides were good, but the main courses were disappointing. My son got the beef ribs and they were very tough. I had the brisket and specifically asked for the fatty cuts, it was dry, the rib on my plate was tough also. My daughter had a salad plate dropped on her by a waitress but my wife did say that her sausage plate was ok. The atmosphere was good, with all the hype, I expected better food.