“Expected more”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I am a Texas Country music lover and had heard of County Line BBQ as a place for concerts. I didn't realize there were 2 (one on I-10 and one @ Riverwalk). We went to I-10.

Atmosphere was as expected; country and "down home" so that was fine.

The food is so-so compared to other BBQ I've had. The beef ribs are HUGE (King's platter or something like that) and too tough for my taste. The pork ribs are better. Go for those.

I had the sausage, 2nd cut marbled brisket, and pulled pork. The pulled pork was great and I would've ordered JUST that in the future. Brisket was pretty good (6 on a 10 scale) and the sausage was just regular ol sausage. Nothin special.

All in all an ok joint but there's DEF better BBQ around. And I don't think there's a ton of music at the I-10 location so might have to check out the Riverwalk one next.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and I recently went to San Antonio for 4 days on a short get away. We decided to eat at the best rated restaurants for different type of food. The county line was a bit disappointing. The portions were big, the sides were good, but the main courses were disappointing. My son got the beef ribs and they were very tough. I had the brisket and specifically asked for the fatty cuts, it was dry, the rib on my plate was tough also. My daughter had a salad plate dropped on her by a waitress but my wife did say that her sausage plate was ok. The atmosphere was good, with all the hype, I expected better food.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Whenever I visit San Antonio I come here to have their ribs--always delicious. They have a nice selection of sides also.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Was in San Antonio, TX for a few days so we wanted to experience some Texas bbq that everyone raved about. Decided to tried County Line and that was the worst decision. This is not bbq by any means. Simply grilled ribs and slathered on sauce. There is better bbq in California.
Worst of all the bathroom is horrible. They clean the toilet seat, but not the surrounding areas. You see muck that has been on the wall for months, if not more.

1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Hugh BBQ portions, had for lunch and leftovers for dinner. Tasty appetizers and yummy brisket sandwiches. Friendly waitress