“Good food and good service”
Review of County Line

County Line
Ranked #270 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a good experience at this location. My wife commented that we've always had good BBQ at any of the County Line locations and this certainly was no exception.

• Visited August 2013

austin
“1st this is not the County Line by the riverwalk 2nd this is not as good as that one.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

THIS IS NOT THE COUNTY LINE BY THE RIVER WALK.

I have no clue why prior reviewers are confusing the two restaurants.
One is by a river walk, this one is by the I-10 highway. It is not that difficult to write a review about the proper establishment and handle your reviews professionally. Anyways . . .

We have been to this County Line several times with the hope it will be as good as the one by the River walk. Each time, the service, from the hostess to the wait staff, amazes us at how poorly trained they are.

The food at this restaurant does not have the flare of the County Line in San Antonio. This restaurant has average Barbeque, and frankly, two of our meals were presented to us cold to luke warm.

We had to return 2 drinks as the glasses were dirty.

The restaurant also was unnecessarily noisy and when you go in, at the time of our visit, there was a sign advising that the police are warning about car theft problems/break-ins in the corridor.

The parking lot is behind the restaurant and at night, should be better lit.

I would have to say that if management properly trained employees to be friendly, the rating could go up. I would recommend making the drive in to San Antonio to visit the County Line by the River Walk. Unfortunately, I have had bad service here now more than once and as such probably will not go back until I see a change in ratings.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank tripnexus
TEXAS
“Not all that- watch out for hidden extra charges.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited restaurant placed order to go. Was charged extra for 2 meals that were 13.00 each. Paid 36.00 due to xtra carry out charge. Did not even have drink carry outs. Placed order at bar that smelled like beer vomit. Your better off going to Bill Millers .

1 Thank Cinnredhotz
“Good Cue”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I like good BBQ. I'm also not of the opinion that commercial joints can't get it right. This is a good example of that...it was well done.

Two caveats that has nothing to do with the food or the service: make sure to go on a day when the concert series isn't going because parking is ridiculous, and make sure that if you do that you understand it is LOUD and alcohol fueled like I haven't seen before. Maybe it's Texas but I was pretty surprised at the flow of booze in a public "family" style restaurant. Otherwise, it was very good. Good service.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“BBQ by the river”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Good food, great location, great service. We sat right by the river. Our three-year-old waved at the boats and fed all her French fries to the fish and ducks gleefully. Our server was friendly and cheerful. There was a delay in getting our appetizers, so they gave them to us for free, even though the wait was no longer than typical. The ribs and pulled pork were very tasty, and I especially loved the cheese bites.