“The worst Penne and the worst service”
Review of Ristorante Grissini - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Northwest Side
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio
Reviewed February 3, 2005

I ordered a fairly simple entree when it comes to pasta. Penne pasta in red sauce with asparagus is not complex to prepare. When the waitress placed my dish on the table the smell wafted to my nose. It reminded me of sour grapes. I took a bite of the pasta and the taste was similar to feet. And I assure you this is not an exaggeration. I sent the dish back to the kitchen and asked the waitress to remove it from the bill. The plate came back moments later from the manager refusing to remove it from the bill. I was shocked and appalled. I have never been to a restaurant that refused to remove an uneaten dish from a bill. When I asked the manager to come to the table she rudely informed me that this is what it should taste like and just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can send it back. After an argument in the middle of the restaurant she eventually caved and removed the dish from my bill. After all of this she had the nerve to ask me to not return to the restaurant. As if........If you value customer service and quality food you will not eat at Grissini.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 16, 2004

This is an excellent Italian restaurant featuring the food of Puglia. The calamari appetizer ( not fried) is not to be missed and all of the entrees are worth trying. Service is smooth and unhurried. The local food critics love it.

3  Thank FairOaks1