“Antlers Lodge in Hyatt Hill Country Resort”
Review of Antlers Lodge

Antlers Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Antlers Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #245 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Far West Side
Cross street: Rogers Road
Description: Crowned by its namesake, an impressive chandelier created from 500 sets of naturally shed antlers, Antlers Lodge offers a menu filled with innovative twists on traditional Texas fare. From farm to table, locally harvested ingredients and regional specialties complement each dish. Whether you prefer prime cuts, fish, or Texas wild game, you’ll discover a fresh and savory culinary selection.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good food, solid service, a little pricey - but not for a resort - and a beautiful setting. Recommend for anyone looking for game. I had an antelope tenderloin and it was excellent, as was the side of heirloom carrots. Venison and elk also on menu. Spouse enjoyed the gulf coast redfish. My wedge salad had interesting flavors, with a little spice ( jalapeño bacon, poblano ranch,roasted tomato, cucumber). My only complaint - we asked for 6:30 reservation and told only had 6 or 6:15, which we took, but the room was 1/3 full the whole time with plenty of servers - why no 6:30? Ask for a window seat.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The menu is interesting and the food is prepared to high standards. What makes this restaurant less than stellar is the pricing and the unfavorable service. The service is extremely slow every time I have eaten here, often due to under-staffing. Also the waitress' knowledge of the menu and the wine list was almost zero. The Manager was too busy to visit our table for a wine recommendation after the waitress admitted her lack of knowledge, and asked him to intervene. But he did send her back with a brief explanation of the 2 wines we were contemplating. If you want an interesting menu, a VERY leisurely dinner, and don't mind paying top dollar, this restaurant is worth a visit.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you have never had a chance to eat Elk, Bison, Boar, then you neede to go here. They are all on the menu, plus much more. All was great. A tad bit pricey, but worht it.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had business at the San Antonio Hill Country-Hyatt and spent several days eating in the hotel's downstairs restaurant, which is good or having meals catered to our meeting. On my last evening, a large group, make that several bus loads decided to go to the Riverwalk and fill up all of the restaurants located there, so I decided to check out what other restaurants this mammoth hotel had hidden away. Checking the directory I found Antlers Lodge. This restaurant features wild game and a great wine list, so I decided to try it with my wife.
Simply put, it was worth every penny spent. For the main course, I had elk. My other choice would have been the antelope, but our waitress convinced me to go with the 6 oz. elk. The elk was delicious, as were the cheddar mashed potatoes.
Jessica our waitress was very attentive, but not smothering. She made certain the order was correct, to our liking, and even inquired about food allergies. While this is the beginning of the hotel's slower season, the restaurant was well staffed and made certain that we were satisfied with every detail. Dave, the manager, even stopped by to check on our dining experience. I have to say, I don't often praise a restaurant, but as I told him, this restaurant deserves it.
My wife and I tried two of the appetizers, the empenjadas and the quail. Both were excellent. While I am not certain that the wine list is world class, I will say it carries some of the finer wines. We had the Ferrari-Carano Sienna. It was chilled to perfection and a very good deal for the price we paid.
While the hotel was outstanding in every way, finding this restaurant was the highlight of our stay.
We will definitely go back next time we head to San Antonio.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was a nice meal at a leisurely pace. The children enjoyed their dinner and were fairly well behaved. I noticed other families had their iPads in service to keep the children in line. :)