“!!!!!CUSTOMERS-BEWARE!!!!!”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Tried out for the first time starting with a hot tea my son and I shared and an appetizer of hot and sour soup and egg drop soup, both very good, then we ordered dinner consisting of child sweet and sour chicken and a crispy chicken. My son received his plate 10 min later I received my crispy chicken which which the white meat was cooked but the dark meat was bloody, I pointed this out to the server and quickly advised what looked like the owner. the water apologized for the inconvenience but stated that crispy chicken takes awhile to cook after the fact. When my plate comes back my son just about is finished with his plate and my crispy chicken is cold for the white meat and dry burnt on the dark side. Regardless I was very hungry and did not want this to ruin our father-son time. I ate some white meat which was dry due to sitting around waiting for the dark meat to cook I guess. I only ate a couple of bites and knew this was not working out. I asked the waiter for the bill and was billed full price for the crispy chicken. They apologized for the crispy chicken but still charged for their mistakes.

BEWARE!!!!!!!! The hostess taking orders by phone is very rude to phone order customers insisting on charging by credit card by phone in which I could here every credit card number she would repeat out loud and more than once for the same customer to make sure she had it right and thats that I was about 20 feet away, front entry to aquariums.

WE WILL NEVER GO BACK DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY APOLOGIZED ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!!!!

2  Thank happytrails78258

Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I visited the Wah Kee Chinese Seafood Cuisine Restaurant today for lunch. The food was not only great tasting but came in a large portion, much larger that experienced at other Chinese restaurants. And much to our surprise, the prices are very reasonable.

The decor was very peaceful and added to the ambiance of the meal. And the two large fish aquariums also enhanced the pleasure of our visit. I might also add that they have a tank with live lobsters, for you lobster eaters.

Granted this restaurant is not on the normal beaten path of our San Antonio, TX guests but if you happen to be in the Loop 1604/Blanco Road intersection and are hungry for a very large and filling Chinese lunch, I highly recommend Wah Kee.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place is great. Service is excellent and food is always fresh and tasty. Menu is large and I haven't found anything I didn't like. Very reasonably priced too!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We order delivery from here pretty regularly and like it. The fried rice is fairly good and always fresh, the crab rangoon are kinda skimpy and the beef and broc is ok. A good value for the price and fast delivery.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

Our favorite place in San Antonio for dining in and take out. Their War Won-Ton Soup is great!
The staff is always polite even when terribly busy and always friendly. Simply... you owe it to yourself to give them a try, delicious!
Lunch or dinner I've never had anything I didn't love.
We recently dined in China Town San Francisco and we're wishing for Wah Kee.