“So glad we opted out on the Mi Tierra wait....”

La Margarita Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Margarita Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

The wait next door at Mi Tierra was 50 minutes so we took a chance at La Margarita Oyster Bar. Our wait time was less than 10 minutes and what a good decision it turned out to be. Our waiter Adan was friendly and his service was fast! The kitchen was on top of it as well. Our good arrived hot in no time. Very impressive. Everyone was happy with their choices. I had the sour cream enchilada. The rice was fluffy and delicious. Burritos were good and filling. The hubs found his dinner on the chalkboard-Pollo de carbon. It was very good-a half bird grilled to perfection. This place is no sloppy-seconds...it deserves every accolade it gets. I'd ask for Adan if I ever returned, too.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The service was mediocre the prices were way too high for the quantiy of food we received and our food was absolutely horrible. It was cold and looked warmed over. We definitely will not be going back!!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The food and atmosphere are awesome, but mariachi is not my thing. The mariachi was way too loud for me to speak to my wife who sat next to me, but other than that this is a great place. Order the fajitas

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Service can always make or break a meal. The service at La Margarita is of utmost priority and it shows. Food is delivered hot and fresh, drinks are never empty. The food is great, especially the world famous fajitas. Its been years since I was last here, won't hesitate to come back next time I am in town.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Restuarant was recommended by a friend and it did not disappoint. Food was fabulous and service was great.