“AWESOME Dim Sum!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've dined here several times since moving to this area and simply cannot get enough! The taro go is AWESOME and more taro-y than anything else I've ever tried. The dim sum is also delicious any way you get it! The bbq pork is tasty as well as the custard dim sum! Anything with the lotus seed paste is bound to be delicious (you MUST try the gin doil). If you're not in the mood for dim sum or anything of that sort, try your hand at their stir fry bar! They have a little bit of something for everyone!
The staff there is really friendly and on it with the service. I think you should definitely give it a try! Do it!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were visiting and decided to try Chinese in the area. Glad we did. This was the best meal we had on the trip. Everything we tried was yummy. We left happy and full.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good Service. Decent size servings. Some with us had seafood, beautiful and tasty at good price. Excellent hot tea. Banana dessert beautiful and yummy

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We love their food and the dim sum is fun to try. Food today was excellent as usual, but the service was really, really bad. Our waitperson was anything but attentive and, I think, tried hard to forget we existed, but we'll be back in spite of today's service. Just won't sit in that persons service area. The food is fabulous and I hope the manager will keep a better lookout for poor service. All in all, I recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I have dined at Golden Wok several times over the past six months since we arrived in San Antonio. Although we had one bad experience, it was not a recurring problem. First, the egg drop soup is very good. The side noodles are also good for mixing in. The spare ribs are prepared differently than what I am used to in a Chinese restaurant. First of all, they are called "spiced ribs" and not spare ribs, and they are prepared by pan frying or searing in a spicy rub, which makes them crispy. Different, but still pretty good. Of the main courses that I have tried so far, the Chung bo steak was the best dish I have eaten there. The meat is tender and juicy, with sauce you pour over the side of rice. My wife says and I can agree that the Basil Chicken was a good dish as well. Service has usually been good, but had one bad experience with a waitress who seemed to be inexperienced and was overwhelmed with business one evening. It seemed to take forever to get refills and the main course, even though I saw others who ordered after us get served before us. Anyway, the tip reflected the poor service. And as I said, I have not experienced that type of service again. All in all, the restaurant presents a very good meal at reasonable prices.