“Haven't had this quality Chinese like this since I lived in Berkeley”

Golden Wok Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #285 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed January 5, 2013

First of let me say I love Trip Advisor. No matter where I go I feel comfortable that Trip Advisor has my back. Anyway, not that this place needs another favorable review but this is great food. It's hard to get good Chinese food in San Antonio. When I was doing my studies in Berkeley, CA I had no such problem. Anyway the other reviewers covered it all, but also believe me this,place has great food. I'm out.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Live 3 1/2 hours from S.A., whenever we visit family there we always go there for lunch. Always busy at lunch, when get there right before 11:00 there are people waiting outside, after 11:30-12:00 you will have to wait for a table (people must like it, a good sign). Now for the food, I always get the sesame chicken with the white rice, its the best and it never changes. The other dish that we get is the moo goo gai pan with added spice, lots of chicken and fresh vegetables. Don't forget to ask for the hot oil if you like your food hot. They give very good portions, these 2 dishes are more than enough that we have take some home. We enjoy eating at Golden Wok much more than a Chinese buffet, for about the same price, we take left overs home and the quality & taste of the food is much better.

1  Thank billcoo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great Chinese food that deserves a high rating. I enjoyed the make your own meal idea where you select a bunch of fresh veggies and sauce and hand it over to the chef. Great value and taste. Highly recommend.

1  Thank bocchijx
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

They offer a variety of delicious Dim Sum. The fish in black bean sauce entree is one of their best dishes along with the sautéed snow pea leaves. Service is average, but the food is consistently good.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

What sets Golden Wok apart from other Chinese restaurants is not just their great food, but the fact that they offer authentic dim sum! If you love dim sum or have never had it before, this is the place to go in San Antonio. In fact if you go on Sunday morning, people line up before the restaurant even opens.
The food is great and the prices are reasonable. Definitely worth a visit!