“Average,and thats it, if you are in the area its an option.”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Ranked #330 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed December 30, 2011

A bargain price buffet (8 dolars),average food, saag,tikka massala, egg plant and potatoes, lentil soup, everything with a so so taste, one more option if you are in the area.There must be better indian food in San Antonio.The service is mediocre at most.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife and I ate lunch recently at India Palace and were pleasantly surprised. It is not at all fancy, and it is in the middle of an outdated strip mall, so expectations were rather low. We were hungry and it seemed more appetizing than Whataburger, so we tried it.
I typically avoid buffet food from any culture, but we were in a hurry.
The price of roughly $10 each for the buffet and Cokes was very good. The flavors of the buffet items were right; they didn't seem watered down or cheapened for the buffet, as is the practice at some places.
Service was friendly and quick (also not too common in Indian restaurants).
Overall, a very good experience. It's not where I would go for a big night out or major celebration; but for a quick, flavorful Indian meal at a fair price, it is exactly right.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

India palace ....m'eh....thats about it.

The food was not that good at all. Samosas were obviously frozen and re-cooked. (probably purchased frozen from a store as well).

its basically cheap Indian buffet. Not worth your time.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I generally hit this restaurant about once a month when I'm in San Antonio. I enjoy the selections they offer, especially the tandoori chicken and the chicken masala. While the food is not as spicy as I like, it is suitable for the general public. To top it off, they offer a rice pudding-like dish and, my favorite, mango custard.
The ambiance is nothing to write home about, but the restaurant is clean and pleasant. The service is attentive without being obtrusive.
Overall, it makes for a consistently good experience with this ethnic cuisine.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

India Palace was my favorite Indian food place in San Antonio. The food is simple, good and there is plenty of it. Even when it gets packed during lunch, the food never seems to run out.
I have been to many Indian resturaunts in the area near the Medical Center and this was the best.