“Touristy, but worth a visit”

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #27 of 4,642 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Dallas, Texas
“Touristy, but worth a visit”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

It is definitely more for the tourists than the die hard mexican aficionados, but it is worth a trip if you have not been. Salsa was good, food was above average. It can get very crowded, but they move people through well. However, b the time i got my dinner, my taco was soggy. Had to use my salsa to help with flavor.
If anything, get something from the bakery, that is the best part of the business.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
“Watered down tea!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I just got home from eating at Mi Tierra Mexican Restaurant and I must tell you, we were very disappointed with the service, the meal and the loudness of the mariachi band playing at the bar next door! They either hired a non-experienced Mexican cook or they decided to use whatever cheese is available. Their cheese enchilada plate had the worst tasting cheese ever! I asked for a side order of guacamole and got a full "tourist size" order for the "tourist" prize of $9.95!!!! The tea was so watered down and see-thru that all you could taste was the sugared ice water! Are they trying to save on their tea bill? Maybe they're members of the tea party? If you are looking for a good Mexican restaurant...this isn't the one! Not anymore!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Go early”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a very good place to eat. The atmosphere was festive- even at 2:30 in the afternoon. We had a serenade by a couple of guitar players before we ate for a small additional charge. ($6). Not getting that at any place near here, that's for sure.

The food was very good and tasted authentic. From what I read on previous reviews, it gets crowded for lunch and dinner, so we went in between and were seated right away and ad our food in around 10 minutes.

My only regret was that I didn't get anything at the giant bakery in the lobby. Well there's always next time.

1 Thank Paul507
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“Delicious, but not the best in SA”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our family enjoyed dining here - fun atmosphere, authentic food, fresh tortillas, strolling band, etc. I just sadly think that there are many other restaurants that are better in San Antonio. The salsa was very bland (not what you would expect in San A!) and my husband had to ask for something hotter. What they brought was delicious & I would highly recommend requesting it. Any other place in America, this would be phenomenal food. In a city with so many wonderful Mexican restaurants, this will not come out on top. The ambience is fun & festive. If you're in the market area and it's handy - I highly recommend it for lunch. Also - I took an order of flan back to the hotel. It was delicious, but had cinnamon in it. Overall - a nice meal.

Visited July 2013
Eagle Lake, Texas, United States
“Still Good Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It ha been a few years since I have eaten here, but being in San Antonio I had to check it out. Hospitality was great from the person who welcomed us at the door to the wait staff and the music people. I have been missing some good Mexican food as the last few places I have been was below pa as far a I was concerned. I was not disappointed. The chips and salsa were excellent and my enchiladas were out standing. I ate the whole thing.

1 Thank Stan W

Been to Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!