“Go early”

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #29 of 4,602 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Go early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a very good place to eat. The atmosphere was festive- even at 2:30 in the afternoon. We had a serenade by a couple of guitar players before we ate for a small additional charge. ($6). Not getting that at any place near here, that's for sure.

The food was very good and tasted authentic. From what I read on previous reviews, it gets crowded for lunch and dinner, so we went in between and were seated right away and ad our food in around 10 minutes.

My only regret was that I didn't get anything at the giant bakery in the lobby. Well there's always next time.

1 Thank Paul507

• Polish first
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“Delicious, but not the best in SA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our family enjoyed dining here - fun atmosphere, authentic food, fresh tortillas, strolling band, etc. I just sadly think that there are many other restaurants that are better in San Antonio. The salsa was very bland (not what you would expect in San A!) and my husband had to ask for something hotter. What they brought was delicious & I would highly recommend requesting it. Any other place in America, this would be phenomenal food. In a city with so many wonderful Mexican restaurants, this will not come out on top. The ambience is fun & festive. If you're in the market area and it's handy - I highly recommend it for lunch. Also - I took an order of flan back to the hotel. It was delicious, but had cinnamon in it. Overall - a nice meal.

Visited July 2013
Eagle Lake, Texas, United States
“Still Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

It ha been a few years since I have eaten here, but being in San Antonio I had to check it out. Hospitality was great from the person who welcomed us at the door to the wait staff and the music people. I have been missing some good Mexican food as the last few places I have been was below pa as far a I was concerned. I was not disappointed. The chips and salsa were excellent and my enchiladas were out standing. I ate the whole thing.

1 Thank Stan W
Killeen, Texas
“Mi Tierra Me Gusta Mucho!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

One of my favorite destinations in San Antonio. It is the tourist restaurant if you want to be entertained, listen to live music, sample authentic Mexican pastries, eat REAL Mexican dishes and drink great margaritas. There are soooo many rooms in this place you can never see everything in just one visit. Everything is fresh and hand-made.The place is open 24 hrs and is always packed for a reason. Good food, good drinks, good atmosphere, but it is Mexican, not Tex-Mex, not Latin, not Taco Bell. Get the Don Julio margarita, pay the mariachis to play "Blue Spanish Eyes", try the tamales, dip the hand patted tortillas in the fresh guacamole, queso, and salsa, try the chile toreados, and definitely have a sopapilla for dessert. Why come to San Antonio if you don't want to indulge and have fun?

1 Thank TXEyeGuy
Texas
“What can you say? It's always the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I never get tired of eating at Mi Tierra when in San Antonio. 24 hours of great food (chilaquiles famosos with carne de res--wow!), mariachi, and tons of baked goodness. Love it!

Visited August 2013