“Good Atmosphere, Average Food”

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #28 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Paragould, Arkansas
“Good Atmosphere, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Food was a little pricey, but the atmosphere is very authentic. The homemade flour tortillas were a plus and the rice was very tasteful. The salsa was average, reminded me of salsa out of a jar. The food could have used a little more cilantro and spices. Very quick on getting food served and temperate of food was good. Our waiter was very attentative and helpful.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Birmingham, Alabama
“Don;t miss the bakery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Over the years of conferences in San Antonio, I've stayed at the Wyndham St. Anthony on Travis and taken the trolley to Mi Tierra. On my most recent visit, I introduced my wife to the restaurant and the bakery. She normally frowns on me buying and eating pasteries; but after she tasted some of the variety at Mi Tierra, we purchased an assortment to eat in the mornings with coffee at the hotel and enough to carry home to enjoy. Unlike usual bakeries, the pastries here are not loaded with sugar, but retain a great taste and freshness. The restaurant is most always busy but worth the wait. While obviously touristy, the food and the service are excellent. The location is next to the flea market which is worth wandering through before dinner. We will return again on our visit to San Antonio

• Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Good Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is the best breakfast place ever in San Antonio. Homemade flour tortillas, excellent barbacoa and menudo. Yummy yummy!!!! The place is clean and the staff they do their best. It's always busy.

Visited February 2013
Fairburn, Georgia
“Best Food Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food here was great. I ordered Beef Enchilada Dinner
2 Beef Enchiladas topped with Chili Meat Gravy and Cheddar Cheese. Served with Spanish Rice and Refried Beans for $11.95 and I was full for 8 hours. The unlimited homemade chips and salsa was excellent.

Visited February 2013
St. Louis
“Great place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

While the food is good, the place is unique inside and well worth the trip. I was in town on business and we took a group of almost 150 there for drinks and dinner. We were at the bar before dinner and a manager opened up the back room (dance room?) for us because we had so many people. Very cool place. the entire place has a nice authentic feel. But what really makes the trip are the people. They are so nice and fun that I will go back on my next trip for sure.

Visited January 2013