“Terrible”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I had better food and service at any local Marxian fast food. Everything was poor. Food was tasteless and service was not even amatorish. Do not waste your time and money on this. There are so many other good places on the river walk

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Being well travéled, I miss REAL Mexican food from the interior. The food, service and atmosphère took me back to Quixoa and Mexico City. If you'ré looking for everyone elses Tex-Mex food you will be disapointed. If you are looking for the REAL THING...THIS IS IT. Bravo Flores family.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I have had both better service and food at a Mexican fast food chain. Nothing about this place was good to us. The waitress made it obvious she did not like us asking for anything we needed. First place we ate at on riverwalk and not a good first impression.
Would not go here again even if it were free!

3  Thank Aprilmel
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate here our first night of our trip. Poor food, poor service.

Food was very average. Even the chips and salsa was bad. I'm not kidding, tostitos chips and salsa from the grocery store are better.

That sums it up.

2  Thank gbam413
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is soooooooooo bad. Seriously...don't even think about going there. We had a party of six. The waiter first came over and asked if we wanted anything to drink. We all ordered cocktails and asked for water too. The cocktails were watered down to say the least. I had a "specialty" Margarita which was probably 5 or 6 ounces for $8. If it had any tequila in it, it wasn't much. Our water came way later after someone asked for it again.

They brought chips and salsa. The salsa was okay. The tomatoes were likely hydroponic and didn't have much taste, but it is winter, so maybe they can't get good tomatoes this time of year in San Antonio. We ordered 2 appetizers to share: guacamole and queso. Both came in a small soup bowl - the kind you would get if you ordered a cup of soup. The guacamole was okay although half of the small bowl was filled with shredded lettuce under the guac. The queso dip came straight out of a can. The chips were all broken in small pieces, so it was hard to dip anything. The biggest piece was probably 2" square and those pieces we're few and far between.

The food was mediocre at best and that is being generous. They don't serve tacos, except fish tacos (we didn't order those) . My husband ordered flautas. He said they tasted like they just came out of the freezer at Costco or Walmart. I had their "specialty" that they called tracaladas or something like that. They we're okay, but I wouldn't order them again. It was basically a flour tortilla wrapped around some chunked meat and doused in cheese and enchilada sauce with canned refried beans and dry rice on the side. Another couple in our party ordered mole. I don't think they we're impressed. The others ordered shrimp nachos which came with frozen popcorn shrimp.on it.

Couldn't get our check to save our lives. We finally went up to the hostess to ask for it because our waiter was no where to be found. The bill came with an automatic 18% gratuity. Did I mention that the service was terrible?

Stay away from this place.

2  Thank la_cebolla