“Ruth's Chris is Consistently Great”

Ruth's Chris Steak House River Walk
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House River Walk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bowie Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House was founded May 1965 in New Orleans by Ruth Fertel. Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality. Sizzling morning, noon and night, a delicious breakfast is offered 7:00AM 7 Days a Week. Enjoy an expansive Breakfast Buffet. Lunch is available daily with a full menu including a Prime Burger and sliced tenderloin sandwich. Enjoy dinner in the upscale dining room or on the patio and enjoy a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks to the freshest seafood and poultry, side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. Private dining rooms available for groups of 10-200.
Austin, Texas
“Ruth's Chris is Consistently Great”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I wasn't sure if the food would be the same high standard given it was New Year's Eve. We chose the fixed price meal and were not disappointed. No one cooks a steak like Ruth's Chris. The butter does something special for the flavor of the steak. The restaurant is down the escalator from the Grand Hyatt lobby or you can enter from the Riverwalk.

Our waiter was a real professional and managed to keep all the balls in the air - the place was packed.

• Visited December 2013

LAS CRUCES
“Great but expensive”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had the pitite fillet and lobster tail. Very tasty also very expensive since everything comes al la carte.

Visited December 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Poor Service - Call Jack Diegel of Restaurant Stakeout”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was our first visit to Ruth's here in SA. We had wanted to visit for many years but only recently did they add lunch which is our only choice. valet parking was free. we were seated immediately. water was served and the menus delivered. our waitress (Irene) was odd from the beginning. she took our order of salads and crab cakes. I think she only 'waited' on the table that ordered bit ticket items. we did not get bread/butter while everyone around us had their within minutes. before our salads arrived I asked her for some bread and she said 'I go get it. 10 minutes later our salads arrived and still no bread. I asked on of the bus boys and he brought it. we never say irene again until she brought the bill. even the manager worked some of the tables around us but did not give us the time of day. i think Irene would be better suited at some lower class restaurant chain where you kind of expect POOR SERVICE.
First and Last visit.

• Visited December 2013
valann38
“Poor service. Food mediocre. ”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced. Steak ordered medium. Came raw. Tasteless and cold. Potatoes were cold and McDonald's fries would have been better. Spinach tasteless. Service awful. Waited one hour fir dessert. Never did get coffee. Save your money and go to Texas Roadhouse instead.

Wallace, Idaho
“Rip Off with a Capital R!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had previously eaten at a Ruths Chris Steak House in Utah and enjoyed it. Pricey, yes, but the food was great and my spouse and I had a wonderful time. Ruth's Chris SteakHouse in Downtown San Antonio is another matter all together!!!!. There were 5 in our part. The menu was a set "banquet menu" with few options. Other than the proteins the sides were very confusingly served "family style" We saw "our" waiter twice and when we did ask for clarification on this VERY confusing style of dining, we were told it would be looked in to. However, no one showed up to explain a thing. I had asked to keep my wine list as I wanted a glass of bubbly with my salad and a red with my beef. Another waitress came to me table and simply took the wine list, never bringing it back. The food was marginal at best. Most of our steaks were not cooked to the proper temps (not even close)... And for all of this trouble and confusion, we were presented with a bill for $499.57. All of this for 5 small salads, 5 small and ill repaired steaks, "family style" creamed spinach and mashed potatoes 5 pieces of cake and one glass on Sparkling wine. In a nut shell. It TOTALLY STUNK! I will NEVER go back and definitely DO NOT recommend this restaurant!!!!!

• Visited November 2013