“What a find!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: North Central
Neighborhood: North Central
Reviewed December 27, 2013

When we entered the restaurant (with my wife and children), I was a little sceptical - shocked, to be more accurate. I had not expected a gourmet restaurant, but I did expect a sit-down dinner with waiter service. For a moment, we considered leaving, but remembering all the good reviews, we did not.

Good we did not! What a great little hole-in-the-wall in turned out to be. Every dish we ordered was tasty and flavorful. The chicken fajita I ordered was heavenly. The sweet empanadas (especially the cream cheese ones) were perfecr!

This place is more like a canteen with a few tables, There is a counter where you stand in a queue and then go order, and your order number is called when it is ready from the kitchen behind the counter. You go and get your food, and sit at a table and eat. However, most of the business they get seems to be carry-out.

What makes this place an extremely rare find is the value for money. You can buy tortillas for 15 cents (being from CT, I never knew that you can get anything for 15 cents nowadays) and the sweet empanadas (which are a good 5 inches by 4 inches in size) for 75 cents. Dinner for the 4 of us (2 small kids including) came to about $ 23, including desserts but excluding alcoholic drinks.

I am fond of Mexican food. This is easily the second best Mexican food I have ever had, after the Fiesta Mexican restaurant in Cortez, CO. Next time I visit San Antonio, I will surely make a trip here.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This place is AWESOME. I've been eating here for over 30 yrs now. The food is clean, fresh ansd delicious. You wont be disappointed. God.....so delish!Yum.

1  Thank Nessaness
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I know you can't throw a rock in San Antonio without hitting a Mexican restaurant and everyone has their favorite, BUT this is mine. I have never seen another restaurant attempt a guacamole cup, the Teka Molino masterpiece. They are a little piece of heaven. I never get within 90 miles of the Alamo City without stopping by for a few. Rest of the menu is great, but did I tell you about the guacamole cups!! Please try some soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been living out of the country for the past 7 years and every time I come home to visit-I have to go to Teka Molino. The best bean rolls and puffy tacos. Gosh-making myself so hungry for mexican food right now as we have NONE where I live!!!! Long Live Teka Molino!!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Teka Molino 2 on Rittiman Rd. has the best carne guisada hands down!!! No fatty pieces of meat and its always tender and perfectly seasoned. Puffy tacos are great and you can't forget about the bean and guacamole cups. Great value too! Love this place!!!