“Looking Good Under Pressure”

Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse
Ranked #545 of 4,694 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Central
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Dinner here on Veterans Day was downright amazing.
Texas L & C is one of those restaurants that honors Veterans with a free entree on November 11th. The place was really busy but it was all handled efficiently.
I had the French onion soup which was classic. It had lots of onions, croutons, and melted cheese
in a tasty broth.
My chopped steak was done correctly and came with a good loaded baked potato.
My BW had the Baby Back Ribs, a house specialty, she was making happy noises as the spicy sweet ribs were devoured. She received two full racks of ribs, that's 18 ribs and we did take a
to go box for her.
The side salad was tasty with honey mustard dressing.
Our server's name was John, he has been with TL & C for 9 years, and he's a good one.

There are newer reviews for Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great service. Food was wonderful. I was surprised! First time in this restaurant. Nothing special to look at inside. Family friendly. I had a rib eye, wedge salad, onion strings.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

They serve great sourdogh bread, try their signature wedge sales, very fresh and tasty, good onion straws, steak soup was fair at best, now spices, not even a little salt, sweet potato was well prepared

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good food and service on an enjoyable evening. Not everyone in our party was pleased, but, I have to say those who were disappointed did not want to go out to dinner. Business group of colleagues.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

TXLC off 410 in San Antonio was the worst experience we had while on our mini-vaca. The waiter took 30 min. to bring my husband his house cab, I ordered my steak medium and was served a charcoal brisket. The waiter gave us the wrong check and only visited our table 3 times during a slow lunch period (2 pm) When asked for more bread, the waiter stated that they had just ran out and didn't know when the next batch would be ready to serve. Overall experience was "Never going back to TXLC again"