“Thai Cafe is on Hard Times”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Cafe

Thai Cafe
Ranked #953 of 4,602 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Waco, Texas
“Thai Cafe is on Hard Times”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I have probably eaten at Thai Cafe half a dozen times over the past three years, and believe I have seen a steady erosion of quality. The old patched up menus have been magic markered with price hikes that make this one of the more expensive Thai places in town (previously 9.95 entrees have been raised to 11.95 or 12.95) but the quality has not improved.

Last night I ordered fresh spring rolls and was served Tofu Crepes under hot duck sauce syrup. Inside was cold fried tofu and canned bean sprouts. I have never seen crepes be served as spring rolls before. My partners chicken dish came out as beef, my green curry came out as an eggplant dish, I had to explain what wine I wanted five times, even while pointing, to a very confused young waiter who acted like this was all very new to him.

Obviously they either changed cooks or it was the real cooks night off. They used to do a buffet in the evening, but not this Thursday night. I paid $40, and was rather unhappy.

2 Thank neuroshrink

San Antonio.tx
“This restaurant is very terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

This restaurant is very terrible. Please must not visit this restaurant.

They have attitude and they don't welocme baby.
In addition, if you give them the tip is not good enough what they think, the boss and waitress show you a face right away