“Just great food every time.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
San Antonio, Texas
“Just great food every time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are a few places that we go to if we are near by, Main Street is one of those places. I've never had a bad meal there. The meat ball sub makes a great lunch, any of the pasta dishes make a great lunch or dinner. Last night I had the Meat Lasagna and is was great, in the past I've had the Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo and the Spaghetti three or four different ways but it is hard not to go back to the Lasagna.
The place is a bit of a dive, a family run pizza and pasta joint across the street from San Antonio College, they have great prices in addition to great food and proudly display their awards for perfect heath department reports.
Not fancy, not expensive, just great food every time.

• Visited January 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“ALWAYS rips me off, confrontational, misleading”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'd go to this place because I love pasta & work downtown, but EVERY SINGLE time I go, the employee on the drive thru register, rips me off .20-.50 cents.

Now add this up for every person that eats here & this thief is getting money in his pocket that is not his. Just notice how this employee at the drive thru register never gives you a receipt? Because he's short changing the customer!

Why do I say "rip off"? Because this happening once can be considered perhaps an accident but it happens too many times when I deal with this particular employee, whom I think is the son of the owner. (Which by the way, I did report and got a ridiculous answer from the supposed owner, but that is another story though).

There was an incident where a nice looking man, wanted a refill & owner was charging him 50 Cents. The man was irritated because he had given the owner a good tip but the owner instead of keeping a customer, turned around & yelled at the customer that he could keep his tip, making a scene in front of many other customers. The owner has gotten into arguments with many of his customers.

It's a shame because I do liked the spaghetti, with focaccia bread, & salad and it's cheap.

But I am TIRED of getting ripped off. I FINALLY found another pizza place downtown by the courthouse, and that's where I'm going to start eating. -------- Bye Main Street Pizza!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chatoaburida
North Texas
“No frills, good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My kids attended Trinity University. This restaurant is a college hangout with good food with good prices. I enjoyed the food and service was fine.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
“Near downtown, simple and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

It's a pizza joint. It's a no frills operation located across the street from San Antonio College. The prices are right and the food is good. If you want ambience, first rate table service, pricey wine, and all the "fixin's", this isn't for you. But if you want to not dig deep in your pocket for an expensive lunch and have some good pizza, this place will do the trick.

Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We used to love this restaurant. That was until the owner decided to fight with us over $0.25 black olives that a co-worker ordered and never received. Our party of 8 spent over 70$ here and when the cashier messed up the order instead of "doing the right thing" they decided to lose our future business. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this restaurant because of the way we were treated.

Visited September 2011