“Just so-so”

Aldo's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Aldo's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 4,669 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Cross street: Wurzbach
Description: Aldo's restaurant offers a dining experience as warm and inviting as an Italian country home. Our menu is filled with a variety of fresh handmade dishes cooked to perfection. They will kiss your lips with the flavors of Tuscany. Our exquisite service and extensive wine list make a combination that will create the perfect meal. Don't miss our lounge, a great place to watch your favorite team while sipping your favorite beverage and treating yourself to an appetizer. If you are looking for a more private dinner, just ask Aldo about our private dining rooms. They're perfect for small business meetings, special occasions, or a quiet romantic dinner. We are here to meet and exceed your expectations. A visit to Aldo's is one that you will not soon forget. We look forward to seeing you soon!
St. Louis, MO
“Just so-so”
Reviewed January 28, 2007

San Antonio is not known for their Italian restaurants, so keep that in mind when reading this review. Absolutely nothing in this restaurant compares to a good Italian meal in St. Louis, Chicago, etc. The restaurant itself is easy to find, just down the street from the liquor stores and Tiffany’s Cabaret. That said, the veal marsala was ok, bordering on bad. The calamari fritti was good, the salads were ok, the bread/oil were good, and the seafood stew was good (the prawns in there were mighty tasty). Despite being on time for the reservations, the host tried the typical, old-school approach of pushing us to the bar to buy a few drinks while we “waited” for our table to be ready. I was in the middle of explaining to the bar maid that we couldn’t rightly choose a bottle of wine without first determining what entrees we were having (before she offered us dinner menus to review at the bar!), when the host quickly came up and said that our table was magically ready at that moment. Overall, I’d recommend sticking with Mexican food when in San Antonio.

3 Thank Fun6549

alabama
“nice romantic place”
Reviewed December 20, 2006

we had a lovely dinner here. this wasn't the best italian I have had, but it was a nice overall experience. the bread and olive oil were a good beginner and then our entrees were good, although I don't normally like to have spaghetti with fish, this was the first time I have a sauce that tasted like my mother's.

2 Thank cynful2no
San Antonio, Texas
“Go almost weekly”
Reviewed October 9, 2006

I work in northwest San Antonio and often go (almost every week) out for lunch either with my boss or to entertain clients. Every time I have been there the wait staff is courteous and very attentive. The food is very consistently wonderful. I have recommended Aldo's to all of my friends and family and only heard good reports of their dining experiences.

2 Thank Food-Chemist
San Antonio
“Romantic and Excellent food”
Reviewed May 15, 2006

After searching through many different restaurants in the San Antonio area, I decided upon Aldo's for a nice romantic night. We sat out on the patio at a candle lit table, so I don't know about the previous reviewer claiming loud noises due to the floors. The service was prompt and catered to our every request. Although not experienced on our visit, the location is near an intersection of two major roads, so there maybe noise from nearby traffic, during busy traffic times.

3 Thank jostle
austin, tx
“Loud, Awful appetizers, Slow Service, Good Main course”
Reviewed April 4, 2005

My wife and I read the reviews and were anxious to try Aldos. Don't bother. It was loud (ceramic floors and "just drinking" patrons at tables do not promote a quiet, lovely environment) and the appetizers were mediocre and service was SLOW. I was certain the soup had cilantro in it (which I am allergic to), waiter denied it, and offered a wilted salad instead. No thanks. By the way, it was not crushed lettuce--smelled and according to my wife, tasted and was cilantro). The main dinner with mixed shrimp, fish, etc and pasta was excellent but I don't think we will be back. It was loud, slow and up until the main course arrived, we were moments away from leaving.

11 Thank captainlate