“Give it a try... You won't be sorry!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bun 'N' Barrel
Ranked #1,813 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Give it a try... You won't be sorry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I had the spicy Thai burger and my husband had the Carlos angus burger and both were full of flavor. They are large so we are going to share next time. Overall experience will bring us back for more!!!!

New Braunfels, Texas
“DELICIOUS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've been wanting to try Bun N Barrel for some time now...I loved it! I had the Brisket Sandwich which was very tasty. I loved the bun it was served in. I tried the spicy BBQ sauce because I saw the owner make it on Triple D...it was as good as I imagined it to be. Onion rings were good, and drinks were large. Friendly waitress, and I liked the atmosphere. Will be going back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Not that great.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We ate in the diner and had the fried catfish and a fish sandwich. The hush puppies had no flavor and the fish was ok. Service was slow and we were 2 of 4 people in there. Guess we had higher expectations of flavor and selection since it was on Triple D.....

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Willstravels_1
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with the quality and quantity of our meal. The place was not busy, and the service was quick, courteous, and accurate. The BBQ ribs were meaty, smoky, and juicy. The beef was fall-to-pieces tender. The potato salad is supposedly something they are famous for. It was good, but it didn't knock our socks off.

All in all, some of the best BBQ we've had recently. I'll be back.

San Antonio, Texas
“Set the WABAC Machine Sherman!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

"Set the WABAC Machine for the 1950's Sherman" - this San Antonio icon that could have been in the movie "Back to the Future" was a traditional BBQ spot and Friday night hangout for local high schools in its heyday, particularly Jefferson. It is the quintessential drive in from a bygone era where having wheels meant everything to the teenager and their place to show them off was here. It's the big city version of a Dairy Queen in a small town on Friday night.

Teenagers now find it boring to swarm a drive-in on a Friday nite. No more crowds of kids from rival high schools "peeling out" in the parking lot. And maybe that's a good thing - I still like to come here for the burgers and Q which are somewhat average. But it is more about experiencing a piece of San Antonio history that I enjoy - the last of a dying breed of restaurants here. So, if you are looking for a gourmet bison burger or Lockhart level BBQ, you set your WABAC machine for the wrong time and place Mr. Peabody!

• Visited September 2012