“Worth the wait”

The Magnolia Pancake Haus
Ranked #31 of 4,883 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Magnolia Pancake Haus is driven by the belief that "Quality Counts". We strive to be the first choice for breakfast in San Antonio and deliver excellence in every plate to every guest we serve. Serving Breakfast to San Antonians since 2000.
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my family while I was visiting in Texas. My brother knew it would be crowded and actually went and put our name in and left. They are tech savvy and texted him when our table was ready! This place was so packed it took an hour to be seated for breakfast. It was worth it! I got the magnolia house breakfast combo and got ham and a side of pancakes. It was very good, but only the ham stood out as amazing. The pancakes were good but not as good as I assumed they were going to be. The syrup was delicious- nice and light! In the end it was worth the wait.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my second trip to MPH. I was visiting family in the area and we wanted to be sure to eat here since last time was so delicious. This time did not disappoint. We had 5 in our party which was a very long wait( over an hour) but when we finally got to eat it was so good. We had 2 kinds of the eggs Benedict. The regular and southern style with pulled pork and biscuits. Also the special was a Gouda grits plate which was very tasty and of course the pancakes and homemade syrup. The manager came by to apologize for the long wait and offered a gift card for a return visit which was very nice. At any rate we love this place so much we would have returned anyway. Probably next time if we have a choice we would just try to avoid the weekends.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is the way a restaurant should be. The food is fabulous, the layout and decorations are pleasing and relaxing. They have breakfast menu items you will find no place else. I have tried many of them and have a hard time venturing to a new item as I have so many menu items that are my favorites. The wait staff is truly there to wait. They come by your table and check on you without being obtrusive. The wait staff is friendly and there to help all patrons, not just their assigned area. If they see your drink is empty and they are walking by, they will offer to provide a refill even if this is not their table. You don't have to hail down someone to request service. The syrup for your delicious pancakes is homemade. The coffee is a special blend that is quite delicious and always tastes like more. Normally a quite busy place to go because it is so good and so popular. They have a back room where they accommodate larger groups or where meetings take place. I could go on, this is a must place to go for breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank FilSpangler
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have eaten here several times and have always had good food and service. On this visit I had cinnamon raisin French toast that was crisp and just the right amount of sweetness. Several in our party had soup and they all said it was good.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were a group of 6 friends going out for a birthday breakfast celebration. Our estimated wait was 35 minutes, and we enjoyed chatting on the covered porch and consulting the menu during the wait. Once seated, our food came pretty quickly. All the food I tasted was delicious - one of the very generously sized omelets and the renowned apple pfannekouchen. Our service was accommodating and friendly. I cannot wait to go back and try something new on the menu!