“Great pizza, great service”
Review of Big Lou's Pizza

Big Lou's Pizza
Ranked #61 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We saw this place mentioned on "Man vs Food" on the Travel Channel & decided to try it out. It was around 1:30pm & it was packed, we almost left but we're glad we didn't. Actually, we didn't have to wait that long, our server, Ashley, was very attentive & the pizza was great. We ordered the 16" brisket pizza & brought 1/3 of it home. It was really good, loved the bread-like crust, the flavor of the brisket & sauce(small amount, not overpowering), the cheeses...my iced tea tasted really fresh. We'll definitely go back again. We saw some of the 42" pizzas while we were there...wow! It's really huge.

There are newer reviews for Big Lou's Pizza

Reviewed July 21, 2009

Ever since going to New York, we got really spoiled with the pizza from there. The only place we could get a comparable pizza, is a restaurant in Irving, TX called The Italian Cafe. Since then, we could not find anything here, in San Antonio, to compare to the pizza from New York or Irving. We did not want to order from any chain pizza restaurant, because we knew we would just get dissappointed. After extensively researching the pizza places in San Antonio, there were many good reviews about Big Lou's Pizza. It is about 15-20 minutes away from us, so we decided to go ahead and order a pizza through them. I got there, and there was just a little wait (not more than a few minutes) because another person of the same name had an order and they needed to get it straight. Other than that, the owner conversated with me for a moment about my tattoo. He was a nice guy, even though I read that he was rude. I took it to my car, and was anxious to see it. It looked exactly like the one we got from Italian Cafe!!! I got home and was kind of nervous of getting dissappointed by it. My husband and I took the first bite together............. and the pizza was awesome!!! It tastes similar to New York Pizza and Italian Cafe!!!! I was so happy that we FINALLY found somewhere local to get a New York style pizza. Now we do not have to wait to go to Dallas to get one! We are definitely going back! They even have a 42" pizza!!!

1  Thank ant_jenna
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 28, 2009

awesome gigantic pizzza and wings!! what more could you want!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Pizza is good, but not the best I've ever had. The problem is the ownership is bad, It's not bad customer service, the owners are just jerks. Case in point, 5 mins left in the Spurs game. Owner comes out turns off all the TVs because "We're closed". If something like this hasn't happened to you, it will. Go to Goomba's.

2  Thank OlSanch
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Alamo Heights, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2008

They have a 37" pizza that'll feed 10.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook