“THEY WILL CHARGE AND NOT DELIVER! (HORRIBLE SERVICE,MEDIOCRE FOOD, NASTY ATTITUDES.)”

Phoenix Chinese Cafe
Ranked #1,644 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: North Central
Neighborhood: North Central
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

WARNING!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS RESTAURANT.

I ordered from Phoenix Chinese Cafe due to the great ratings I saw online. However not only were they extremely rude and dismissive when taking my order, they delivered only part of my order, charged me the full amount and refused to give me a receipt. I discovered that everything I ordered wasn't included after I opened the bag, to which the driver had already sped off. When I called the restaraunt to let them know, they argued amongst each other for about 3 minutes while I was on the phone then hung up. I called again and they hung up on me. It was only after the third time that I called a gentleman picked up and argued that they had included my missing order, then brazenly told me they would drop the rest of the order off and hung up once again. At this point I doubt I will get the rest of the order, but to be 100% honest I would not even eat it at this point. DO NOT ORDER. I HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED SERVICE THIS BAD. You are better off ordering from Wok On Wheels.

• Visited August 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Poor quality food”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Went there after reading reviews
awful lunch meal too sweet garlic chicken weird tasting egg roll the bad starter soup should have been a sign
sorry guys hope you do better

San Antonio
“Food is inconsistent”
Reviewed April 25, 2009

This review is based on two visits to Phoenix Chinese Cafe. My first visit was great but my second visit was terrible.On Friday, we tried the lunch specials which include choice of soup, entree, crab rangoon, and eggroll for $5.50-$5.95. The plates are delivered to the table one entree at a time so your dining companions might be halfway through their meals before everyone is served. We were pleased with the hot and sour soup and the generous portions of our entrees. On Sat., we decided to try the dim sum menu. The shrimp har gow and the barbecue pork buns were okay. I couldn't believe that they didn't have my favorite, shrimp siu mai. Stay away from the wonton soup, a lukewarm bowl of broth with a floating won ton. Don't ever order lunch special combo lomein or you will be disappointed. There's nothing in it except for a few baby shrimp, some chicken, and a bit of roast pork. I hated it! My eggroll was greasy and inedible. My friend was pleased with the large shrimp in her shrimp and broccoli lunch special. My other friend ordered the Happy Family lunch special and was disappointed that the veggies consisted mostly of celery. When I ordered the Happy Family special the day before, the plate was filled with broccoli, snow peas, baby corn, and mushrooms. I was quite disappointed with my last visit to Phoenix Cafe. Obviously, they have different cooks in the kitchen since the food is inconsistent. It might be good one day but lousy the next.

1 Thank KokonutSA
San Antonio, TX
“I won't recommend it”
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I don't know how others would recommend this restaurant. I am living in San Antonio and have sampled all Chinese restaurants in town. This is, unfortunately, one of the bad ones. The foods are really plain and all dishes have the same taste. The restaurant is in a decent strip mall, but the tables and floor looks quite dirty. The service is bad even by the standard of Chinese restaurants (which are not known for good services). Recently, the service gets even worse as they started to mess up orders...

Thank bin.gu
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty good chinese food”
Reviewed March 12, 2008