“Not a fish lover but I could be...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
San Antonio, Texas
“Not a fish lover but I could be...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

On our waiter's recommendation, I ordered the Snapper With Mushrooms. One word: unbelievable. Truly. I am trying to eat more fish but if all fish were as fresh and expertly prepared as Piccolo's, it wouldn't be hard. Piccolo's isn't the fanciest place in town but if you're looking for great food at a reasonable price, give it a try!

2 Thank GAYLACP

Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Eat with a local family and get away from the chain tourist spots in San Antonio by going to Piccolo's. Doesn't look like much outside but as soon as you step foot inside you will be hit with the aroma of great Italian food. I went here with my 14 year old son who had their Veal with Piccolo sauce which is to die for. The Shrimp Piccolo for an appetizer told us our taste buds were in for a treat for the whole meal. We were not disappointed! The staff was so friendly and took the time to explain each of the sauces for my son.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank smilingjulx6
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a group of nine on a Saturday evening. We were seated quickly and the service the entire night was awesome. The entire group each loved the meal they got. I can't remember the exact name of my dish, it was penne pasta with the special Piccolo's sauce - it was a tomato based sauce with olives and capers. I loved that dish. The free garlic bread was great too, my group ate quite a few baskets of that. Good value too as most dishes were in the $10-14 range.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tmarc
Keller, Texas
“Quiet, personal, attentive staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The overall atmosphere of the place could use a little work. The table setting and darkness of the place wasn't my personal favorite. But with that being said, the food and the staff were on point. The price was a little high considering the portion amounts were not typical of an Italian place, but the taste was amazing. I had the Chicken Marsala and I would go back to have it again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank wdc79
San Antonio
“Good meal spoiled by rude owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Taking advanatge of a dining certficate from a well known web-based service specializing in restaurants. I was met with an outburst from the owner that the certfificate was expired. It was not - I had purchased just 10 days prior and the certificateclearing stated "does not expire".

Almost left at that point but my spouse had been wanting to try thier signature dish - Shrimp Raffaello. Very similar to Paesano's version, however, Piccollo's showed a definite lack of quality control - of the 5 shrimp on the plate, 3 were large & 2 were significantly smaller. Come on guys!!! Why skimp here???

Veal Saltimbocca was excellent.

Both served with a simple salad made with very fresh greens and just the right amount of a tasty, housemade V & O dressing as well as al dente spaghetti with well balanced butter & garlic sauce.

Small wine list is fairly priced.

Excellent service except for the outburst from the owner. She should stay away from the front of the house.

Will NEVER return.