“Sit Outside”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant. The food is very good and three wait staff are very good as well. I have the shrimp Mirasol. The sauce is very good too. Sit outside and enjoy the weather. Just hope Blanco isn't busy so the traffic noise isn't bad.

1  Thank kuwells

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We dined at El Mirasol while in town for Fiesta. Please note that if you're staying on the Riverwalk, this restuarant is about 25 minutes ($48 cab fare one way) away. Have the premium margarita; the best we've had anywhere. The menu is extensive and features numerous sauces; not only did our waitress do a great job of describing them to us (thanks Franceline!) but she suprised us by bringing out a tray of samples of 4 of them (cilantro cream, poblano cream, ancho sauce, chipoltle sauce) to help us make menu choices. My husband had the El Mirasol enchiladas which featured 3 beef enchiladas each with a different sauce (poblano cream was our favorite). I had the chicken enchiladas with mole sauce. All of it was wonderful. Prices are midrange and a good value for the quality of food. The atmosphere isn't anything to write home about, but the margaritas and food are!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was surprised to see the number of people there on a Thursday evening since I don't know of anyone who wants to meet at the restaurant anymore. It had been some time since my last visit but I remembered being impressed by their margaritas, which I ordered this time. It was way over-priced and not nearly as good as I expected. The food was also pricey and there was no effort in the presentation whatsoever. It was average, at best, not warranting the extra cost. We were on a protected patio even though the weather was quite chilly, but the outdoor heaters did keep us warm. The music was extremely loud and intrusive, as my group had gathered to enjoy one another's conversation -- which we had to do by shouting over the background noise. Several times we asked if the music could be turned down, but the volume was still too loud when we left. Since the place is popular, I have to question whether we hit a bad night, but I suspect they are getting by on past reputation. I will not be going there again even though the restaurant is convenient to where I live.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

While they are a tad pricey, this is the best I've had....here or anywhere else. Very much enjoyed the lobster enchilada and my husband's taco's were great. We've been here 3 times now and plan to be regulars...

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Try the El Mirasol Shrimp, it is fantastic! The margaritas are pretty good as well. Sit outside when the weather is fantasitc, like it is now in March!