“Arriba! Que sorpresa!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'll admit...when I first saw the place, I was not impressed. It looks like a converted garage painted up like a pinata. However, I was hungry, so I did not put up a fuss when my friend suggested we try it. The menu looked unimpressive, the line was a bit slow moving, but we noticed the salsa bar in the corner and my friend thought the food would make up for it. She was right! We ordered the chicken combo lunch special, for 5.99, which included a drink. OMG! It was delicious, and certainly worth it. If you want good, cheap eats and don't care to go fancy...check this place out. We dined outside and really enjoyed the meal. Much better than Mickey D's and those other fast-food joints and great value for the money.

There are newer reviews for Chacho's Mexican Grill

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Most plates are in the $7 range and all are fresh and made to order. They make tortillas right in the restaurant for all to see. The Monster Kong nachos have to be seen to be believed. Easily would feed 4 for a full order. Very good drinks - Margaritas and Daiquiri were tried on our visit and both had good reviews.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Chacho's used to be my favorite Mexican food restaurant when I would come to San Anonio and visit family. No more! The food isn't as tasty as it used to be in years past, and the attitudes of the employees are lackadaisical! It's as if they don't care if you like your food or ever come back to eat there again. However, the WORST thing is the condition of the restroom! Time after time, the floors are sticky and it smells awful in there! You know the old saying... if the restroom is nasty, the kitchen isn't any better. I vow to never return!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

When I was in the military based out of San Antonio, we frequented Chachos! The owner always made it a point to check on our tables, the drinks were fabulous and the food couldnt have been better. Come hungry!!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Chacho's is the first place I go to when I visit my dad in San Antonio. I get there, if I'm lucky once a year, but this year I have been there twice. I live in Iowa, and have been going to eat here for the past 15 years. The food is great, but do not order a full size if it is just you eating, it is huge! Make sure to have someone to share it with, or you will have left overs for a few days! I love all the sauces that you get to choose to pick to top your food with! Did I mention the margs! Love the place, wish I could eat there once a week! Can't wait until next time!