“a very good experience, at twice the cost.”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Reviewed March 18, 2012

the atmosphere is comfortable upscale. most guys are dressed up in shirts and ties. most ladies wore dresses. a few couples were in shorts and t-shirts with ball caps. our server was great - attentive and entertaining. they have a full bar, though we did not order any cocktails. for us with 2 kids the total was $149 before the tip. i feel like we could have had just as much fun and perhaps better food at a nearby sushi resturant or even at pf chang's across the parking lot. probably will not return. nothing especially "special" about the food. but it tasted good.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were greeted warmly when we arrived. Our waiter was professional, pleasant, personable and helpful. We ordered the delicious rotessarie chicken. My spouse had chicken with smashed potatoes and I had chicken with salad. Normally they charge extra for salad, but due to health concerns they were happy to switch out the potatoes for the salad without charging us extra. The food was delicious and no complaints.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I went to this place years ago and was disappointed. I had that 7-year itch and decided to try it again and I'm glad I did. The service was very good, I was greeted by the hostess immediately and the staff was very pleasant all around. There were a total of five employees who brought the food, checked on my table, and made pleasant comments while I dined. I don't think the food is spectacular but I would still go back because of the service and the quality of the cocktails. There is also a pleasant vibe to the place and one gets a sense of intimacy and doesn't feel rushed. I liked the top shelf margarita, very smooth. My guest had a martini, also very good. I had a salad with chicken which was good, but I'm fond of grilled tasting chicken (with a slight hint of char) and the chicken I and my companion did not have that taste I prefer but it was still good. I will definitely go back. I didn't like the tortilla soup, it was cream based and I much prefer a watery consistency with alot of chunky morsels. Service is A+ Ambiance A Food B- For two it was $115 including tip and cocktails.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

spouse and I LOVE their carrot cake, don't miss it

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Went on a Friday night and was seated right away. Very nice decor. Caeser salad for $5 was excellent. Grilled Trout was very good and served with rice and coleslaw. Grilled chocken sandwich with shoestring fries was also very good. Service excellemt.