“It's Okay”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a nicely-decorated restaurant in the train station facility. The chips & salsa were better than what one typically gets. I had the Steak Fajita Plate, which came with yellow, medium-grain rice (which I thought was rather mealy), a good bean soup, tasty steak, and all the accoutrements. This food wasn't bad, but I found it a bit dull. I guess it's worth checking out, though. RJT

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I ate here recently with some friends during lunch hour. The outdoor dining is very pleasant and shaded. The servers were friendly, but the service was a little on the slow side. I am gluten intolerant and was pleased to see at least one dish on the lunch menu denoted as GF, which I happily ordered. The fajitas came out hot, were seasoned very well, with delicious delicious guacamole. It's located in Sunset Station, in kind of a weird place. I'd eat here again.

1  Thank ldeimos
Reviewed September 24, 2013

One of the best!
Both fish tacos and shrimp enchiladas were excellent! The salsa had a wonderful flavor with a hint of char, mildly spicy but not too hot.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had lunch at Aldaco's at Sunset Station recently, and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, and excellent service. I have to say I was expecting the usual tourist Mexican food that you get on the Riverwalk and the Mercado, but found a very good meal at a reasonable price. The cheese enchiladas were very cheesy and have a great sauce. Chips and salsa were very good. The fajita taco was tender and flavorful. I was totally satisfied for about $8. I will be back on our next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate at the Sunset Station location, they have two (Sunset Station Location (100 Hoegen Ave, inside the Sunset Station, www.aldacos.net, 210-222-0561) & Stone Oak Location (20079 Stone Oak Parkway at Hardy Oak, www.aldacos-stoneoak.com, 210-494-0561). Food is the real thing, prices reasonable, full service bar. Staff very friendly and makes sure that "mi casa es su casa"