“Hats off to Josie & Great BBQ”

County Line Barbeque- River Walk
Ranked #83 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The 4th star is for Josie, the manager, who definitely went above & beyond to make up for glitches that were out of her control. She took care of our entire meal (party of 11) and apologized more than necessary because the kitchen printer malfunctioned, leaving half our order out. Bless her... She truly saved the night.

The wait for a table was average for the area. So no complaints there. Our server, Rudy was either "in the weeds" or just awful. We had a hard time getting drink refills, ordering in a timely fashion or just ordering period without asking him to stop trying to run away from our table. (And I swear despite it being a large group, we aren't that hard to attend to... Most of us have or do work in the service industry, so we get it.) If it weren't for Rudy, this place would get 5 stars from me.

The food. The food was exceptional & the margaritas are amazing. I come from the BBQ Capitol of the nation... Memphis, TN... So I'm always a bit scared to try BBQ in foreign places. They absolutely surpassed my expectations & then some. I had the 2 meat combo, sausage and brisket, and the flavor was spot on. The sides were phenomenal too. Potato salad is one of those things I am VERY skeptical of, but there's hits the mark. Baked beans were a great pair, though they had a vinegar tint, much like the BBQ sauce, not bad at all, I just prefer a sweeter taste.

All in all, we had a great time despite the normal Saturday night hiccups. I will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for County Line Barbeque- River Walk

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Yummy food at a good price. The brisket was to die for and all the sides were delish but the bread and butter the charge for isn't worth the price or the tummy space.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were there for lunch and we ordered the baby back and the beef ribs to share they were fantastic very well cooked and seasoned. The sides were great and the service too. The atmosphere of the place is really nice too and you get to see the river walk too. A must visit if you are looking for good ribs in San Antonio.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Very yummy food and drinks! Had brisket and some amazing mashed potatoes! Right on the river walk. Little wait and it took the waiter a little to warn up to us but overall great experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner here. Everything we tried was very good and the service was fabulous. Great atmosphere on the river walk.