“Very good BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived after the lunch rush was over. We got a table right at the edge of the water on the famous Riverwalk.
Lighter size meals are offered for the smaller appetite. But, unless you really want lots to eat, this size is more than enough. I had the 2 meat combo, choosing brisket and peppered smoked turkey - both very tasty. The side of BBQ sauce just added to the great flavour. Two sides are included; I chose potato salad and baked beans. Both ordinary.
My wife had the half rack of baby back ribs and declared them to be outstanding.
The food runner noticed we didn't have our included bread. She said she'd get it but never came back. Our server never noticed, and we didn't ask as we had enough to eat anyway. Otherwise, she did well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Place didn't look like much but the BBQ ribs were excellent and the desserts were awesome. Cobbler was my favorite but bread pudding ran a close second.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wasn't going to have BBQ the night I ended up here, but the smell hooked me, and even though I walked past looking for another place to eat, a 180 occured, and back we were. Seated quickly even though they were busy, and got to choose the table on the riverwalk outdoor seating area we liked. Great location on the Riverwalk having seating right next to the river, on the other side of the walking path up to the bar, with ample seating indoors as well.

Good BBQ menu with many choices available. You could order a large dish with multiple items and side dishes, and for 7.95 you could order a side plate with two sides and share the main dish. Bread was extra. Didn't try it, but it looked and smelled great. Bar service was prompt and more than adequate. Best martini I had that trip to Texas as a matter of fact. Pleanty of drink specials, beer and wine available.

Service was very good even considering we had a brand new to the business waiter who was somewhat lost at times, but he still managed to pull off a good show of food and bar service. While I'm not a fan of Texas BBQ, having a preference toward BBQs from other areas moreso, this was still quite good. Good sauce, and excellent flavor.

In short, we had a great dinner and a wonderful time there. I'd go back.

p.s. I didn't try any, but the deserts looked great too.

1  Thank steve9631
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have been to many a County Line and just stopped going. Paying extra for the bread and mediocre BBQ - no thanks. But some foreign business clients wanted to go so there I went. We had the "snoot-in-the-trough" special so they could sample all the different meats. Wow- it was deliciousa and a giant pile of meat. The beef ribs were amazingly tender. But the real bright spot here was the service. We had a fabulous server who was attentive and really pleasant. We ordered Arnold Palmers (iced tea and lemonade) and it tasted distinctly fermented so I mentioned to the server that something was off. She replaced our drinks with a fresh batch and thanks me for bringing it to their attention. My clients kept saying how amazing the service was- I explained that good service was in exchange for a good tip but they remarked that her service was way beyond expectations.

1  Thank Jen78703
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had eaten at the one on a previous visit I think on I-10 which would have been a little drive for us. I was pleasantly surprised to have a found County Line Barbeque on the River Walk close to where we were staying. The barbeque brisket was just as delicious as I had remembered. Definitely worth a visit when your in San Antonio.

1  Thank Karen D