“decent barbeque”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This barbeque wasn't as good as I expected. I had the brisket and thought it was just alright, nothing special. Wish I had tried the wings- saw them on someone else's plate and they looked really good! My favorite part of the meal was the homemade bread- delicious! Our waiter was outgoing and funny, and we sat right on the river so the experience was fun.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

They call this bbq, like i said, really, who does that.We got the big daddy rib plate, they were all bones no meat,we overheard the so called Managers,Adam and John talking about some of the other customers and how they probly had only enough money to pay for their food ,no tip for sure,, well we didn't leave a tip cuz our waiter Ward, first off was high as hell, looked like he had just finished smoking, his pants was sagging,eyes almost asleep,,,not to mention, when we told him about the ribs, he went into how the kitchen crew sucks and how the managers didn't give a damn, he had something bad to say about everything and everybody,, he said don't worry the manager will comp your meal, they stupid like that,,he even told us about the RATS inside the restaurant.i must say this was the worse experience of my life and i nor my family will ever visit THE COUNTY LINE again,,, The manager ,( just like Ward said ,,comp the whole ticket and offered us a free desert,,, no thank for nothing and really Ward should be fired

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The place is very eclectic and offers a small town roadhouse feel in the middle of the Riverwalk. Their Summer Beer is refreshing and very fairly priced. All of the food was excellent and we had enough that we didn't have to eat a dinner, we just snacked around 8pm. Very good place for some Bar B Q. Plus the "Learning Country Slang" tape on in the bathrooms was hilarious.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food was awsome, and the smells were great too. I would go back again anytime!! Each of us ordered a different combo meal so we were able to try out almost every bar-b-que on the the menu! all of it was wonderful!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on atmosphere or table service. If you can stand the heat you might enjoy a table outside overlooking the river. When I walked up the hostess and waitress were very friendly. I asked if they did take-out and they said yes so I scanned the menu. Prices were a bit high for BBQ but I'm sure they have a steep overhead. If they have the same prices in a regular city location their competition would probably "smoke them." My wife and I planned to share the meal so I ordered the 3 meat combo with a double order of brisket and the third choice of chicken. My 2 sides were coldslaw and Texas beans.I took a seat at a table overlooking the rivewalk and waited about 10 minutes for the meal to be prepared. When I arrived back at the room we opened the box and the amount of food was perfect for two people. It consisted of about six slices of brisket and a leg quarter. The brisket was well cooked and tasty. The chicken was ok but not exceptional. You do have a choice of white or dark meat. The BBQ sauce was also ok but not sweet which I am used to. The side orders were the worst part of the meal. The coldslaw was seasoned well but was chopped in larger then average pieces. The most disappointing part was that they had several large chunks of cabbage stem in the mix. I have never eaten coldslaw with anything except the leaves so the stems were an unwelcome surprise. I am not a lover of beans like my wife but she took several bites and set them aside. Perhaps Texas beans are an aquired taste and these may have been good Texas beans but for us they were a bust. The highlight of the meal was the brisket which was tender and tasty and if weever have the occasion to return I would definately order only it. BTW the meal alsocame with a small loaf of soft brown bread which was very nice so that was a bonus. We are from Louisiana so almost everyone is a food critic. We have some great food with exceptional seasonings so may tend to be more picky then most. That said, I would return to The County Line if we return to the SA Riverwalk. If we had a car I would definately seek out other venues outside the Riverwalk area.