“not what I was thought”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: North Central
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food was ok.i thought it was going to be the best breakfast taco I had ever eaten and it was far from that.i would not go back for breakfast may I would try lunch.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

All the Magazine reviews and ftt. It's about nothing. Nothing to write home about. I would not waste my time. Got a table right away, but long wait for food that is only okay.

2  Thank Kathie S
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had high expectations because they advertise themselves as being the best taco in the country. Unfortunately, I would not rank them top ten in the city let alone the country. There's always a line out the door but it's mainly because there's not a lot of seating space, not because the food is great.

1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As a Hispanic raised on Mexican food, I was very disappointed with the food and especially the service. The best thing about them was their tortillas both flour and corn. We walked In and were told to have a seat....which we did...for quite a while. Apparently their usual customers are Anglos because we were passed over until all of "them" were served. We had to wave down a waitress, any waitress to get more coffee, and to ask about the rest of our order. Last time I was treated this bad was in Atlanta, Geogia while in the wrong side of town, but that's another story. Will make it a point not to return!

1  Thank Juan G
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would say no, don't believe it. My wife enjoyed her flour breakfast tacos (chorizo, and not too greasy) but I was disappointed in my corn tacos, as was my cousin and his girlfriend, both of whom have been in S.A. for years and carry decent breakfast taco tasting credentials.

The corn tortillas were fresh, yes, but undercooked and way too thick... a bit gross. They got in the way of the tasty egg and bacon medley inside. The local rag and the Food Channel are both ga-ga over this place... but maybe for something else on the menu? I'll stick to the non-overrun, non-tv taco stands. Viva desayuno!

2  Thank Aggie1994