“Stink-a-Taco”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: North Central
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As a Hispanic raised on Mexican food, I was very disappointed with the food and especially the service. The best thing about them was their tortillas both flour and corn. We walked In and were told to have a seat....which we did...for quite a while. Apparently their usual customers are Anglos because we were passed over until all of "them" were served. We had to wave down a waitress, any waitress to get more coffee, and to ask about the rest of our order. Last time I was treated this bad was in Atlanta, Geogia while in the wrong side of town, but that's another story. Will make it a point not to return!

1  Thank Juan G

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would say no, don't believe it. My wife enjoyed her flour breakfast tacos (chorizo, and not too greasy) but I was disappointed in my corn tacos, as was my cousin and his girlfriend, both of whom have been in S.A. for years and carry decent breakfast taco tasting credentials.

The corn tortillas were fresh, yes, but undercooked and way too thick... a bit gross. They got in the way of the tasty egg and bacon medley inside. The local rag and the Food Channel are both ga-ga over this place... but maybe for something else on the menu? I'll stick to the non-overrun, non-tv taco stands. Viva desayuno!

2  Thank Aggie1994
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was my first time trying Taco Taco, it took 30 minutes and my 4 breakfast tacos still weren't done!!!! I asked for a refund bcuz my son was crying that he was hungry...the owner said that she couldn't give me my money back cuz they had started making them already....it took 10 minutes of arguing with the owner to try to get my money back, only to find out that she was stalling me so they could finish making them. She left "to get my money" but came back with the bag and said take them they're hot, by this time I had wasted almost an hour. I asked for my money again and she basically threw it at me. So much for customer service. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STEP INTO THAT POOR EXCUSE OF A RESTAURANT WITH GREAT SERVICE!!!!

3  Thank lizcolton09
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We had heard good things about Taco Taco, and perhaps our expectations were too high. The crowd and the wait were no problem. The problem was the food, which was cold, bland, and tasteless. San Antonio has a plethora of good taco places. Taco Taco is not one of them.

3  Thank JosiahVinson
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had heard a lot about this little restaurant and tried their specialty, Puffy Taco which was very good as was the Tres Leche dessert. The rest of the menu we felt we could have gotten almost anywhere. The waitress was very friendly and did try to help us out.

1  Thank Joanne L