“the best”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed August 20, 2010

this is the best in all of texas. the entire place just screams EAT MEAT!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I ate at Rudy's for my very first time in Laredo, Tx and OMG was it good!
Being that it was my first time the employees let me sample almost everything!
I decided on and ordered the pulled pork, chopped bbq brisket and potato salad....everything was sooooooo good! I wish New York had a Rudys :(
I also tasted the lean brisket, the moist brisket, chicken, and turkey and they were all just as good! Their bread is amazing!
It was one of the better meals I had while in texas :)

Reviewed July 6, 2010

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend who lived in San Antonio for years. While the food is a little costly, it is so worth it. Everything we had was wonderful...the turkey, ribs, cream corn, etc, etc, etc. The staff was so friendly and let us have samples to try and decide what we wanted to eat. If you are looking for good food, this is the place to go.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

So disappointed in this location. If, like me, you prefer newish and clean feeling--this place will not be to your liking. We enjoy our local Rudy's and thought why not try this original Rudy's while in San Antonio? I know a lot of people like this kind of "hole in the wall" experience--makes thing feel like they must be "more authentic" somehow. I had read that the original Rudy's food was sooo much better than the chains. Not in our opinion! The tables were kind of like these old whitish long card tables. (If you know about Rudy's, you know you share long tables with others) There were flies all around the food. It was hot. The turkey was awful (we ordered every kind of meat). The corn was good, as usual. The peach cobbler was good. The next day, I suffered with tummy troubles and could not help but wonder about having eaten at a place that had flies everywhere and the turkey was weird tasting (I was the only one to eat the turkey and the only one to have troubles) No proof, but I wouldn't risk eating in a place like that on purpose again. YMMV!

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Had to stop by Rudy's and see what all the talk was about. That place seems to always be packed! Went through the take out in back. Thankfully a local helped me navigate the menu and suggested I order 1/4 pound of the brisket, since it was just me. The guy behind the counter was busy and sweating up a storm. He gave me a couple samples: beans, creamed corn and sausage, which were all tasty. I ended up getting the 1/4 pound brisket (glad I did because that was plenty) and some beans. They don't sell sandwiches but give you bread so you can make one.The brisket was a bit too fatty for me but edible with the sauce on top. Frankly, I'm more of a South Carolina BBQ kind of gal, but always up for trying new things. I think the next time I'll go for the chicken.

1  Thank hopefulinVa