“Brisket” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rudy's Barbecue

Rudy's Barbecue
Ranked #29 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
San Jose, California, USA
“Brisket”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I like the brisket. Didn't care for the "chopped" meat. Sweet corn is good. Potato salad is ok, tthe coleslaw is good. The cobbler isnt as good as their other locations

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Suzie L

Clearwater, Florida
“A real BBQ treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My second time here and I brought my husband. I was last here when my son graduated from basic training. I had the baby back ribs and my husband had the turkey. We ordered one side -- the delicious corn. Just a simple place, nice folks, and real yummy, flavorful BBQ. My ribs were tender, came right off the bone, but were not dried out. I like that the ribs are not soaked in sauce, but you add your own. I'm not a huge sauce person. A sure bet in my opinion.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gena C
Memphis, Tennessee
“Rudy's BBQ The Best Place For TexasBQ Beef Brisket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Before every road trip we make to Texas, we search for Rudy's location near our route. If there is no location on or near our route we will detour to another location to enjoy the best Texas BBQ beef brisket. Portions are generous, the prices are reasonable and the food is outstanding. Employees are friendly, courteous and helpful. You just can't go wrong.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank MemphisTravelers
Mexico City, Mexico
“Basic, but simply one of the best BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Don't expect much from this small, very basic restaurant in terms of service, location or ambiance.
The promise is simple: the best BBQ! and they deliver!
If you are around San Antonio, trust me and the rest of reviewers, you can´t go wrong here.
Don´t get surprised when you ask for bread and they give you a complete loaf of white bread inside it's plastic bag!
Every time I go to San Antonio I stop here.
Beef Brisket is amazing

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Fer T
San Antonio, Texas
“Down to the basic good grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Don't expect silverware or a pretty plates when you visit Rudy's. However, what you do get is lip-smackin' BBQ in a variety of assortments in a pleasantly primative setting. Enjoy the crackling fireplace during wintertime and/or cool lemonade or a cold beer during the summer. Oh, do not forget to order the creamed corn and the peach cobbler. It is simply out of this world. Definately a place to visit for out-of-towners. FYI - military discount is offered.

• Visited September 2013