“I depend on them to be good and they are”
Review of Rudy's Barbecue

Rudy's Barbecue
Ranked #33 of 4,628 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
turgtusteynam
“I depend on them to be good and they are”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love Rudy's as a chain. They don't let you down. The food is always good. I brought my poor "virgin" colleague and he was truly impressed. Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got Q in my tummy and it's from Rudy's Barbecue!

Visited August 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Incredible Bar-b-que”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Try the original location in Leon Springs! Great casual atmosphere - picnic like, eating off papers, terrific smell of barbecue permeating the air. Sweet creamed corn best ever ....I even liked the coleslaw :-)
Worth the trip!!

• Visited September 2013
Richmond, Canada
“Worth It Just for the Weirdness”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family and I were staying down the road from here and heard that Rudy's was great real Texas BBQ so we checked it out. What an experience, to say the least. First you go into this old building and line up to order your food. Then you go next door and eat on picnic tables sitting in the middle of a 7-11-type convenience store. When I asked where to put my empty pop bottle they told me just to throw it in the garbage. Haven't they heard of recycling down here? Then they gave us pieces of wax paper instead of plates. Like I say, weird.

As far as the food was concerned, I thought it was great. We couldn't finish everything we ordered. I thought it was very good BBQ. Maybe next trip to Texas (or Kansas City) we will find the king of BBQ restaurants. I don't think we found it this trip to San Antonio/Austin/Corpus Christi.

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Eat like a real Texan! Meat bought by the pound or half pound - the turkey is awesome. Follow up with creamed corn and potato salad. Relaxed, uber casual. Ace experience.

“Best cream corn ever!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Very casual dining....food on butcher paper and you have a choice of sitting outside on picnic tables or inside the general store with a/c....brisket is tasty...no fat...ribs are super delicious...sides are good but the cream corn is super awesome! Their BBQ sauce is the best hands down! Great place to bring out of town guests or after visiting a theme park.