“We cannot understand the poor reviews”
Review of Outback Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We visited the place back in 2008, when we spent two months in San Antonio. It was good then and it's good now. My partner had the salad which was fresh, crispy and well presented. The warm bread is great too...maybe a little sweet for some, but we loved it, especially with the creamy butter. The filets were perfect...okay, some people might think we are Philistines as we like our meat medium-well, but if the beef is top quality, the marbling keeps it juicy and moist. The vegetables really caught the eye. Snow peas, zucchini, broccoli and carrots, all perfectly cooked and al-dente. This was washed down by an excellent Australian Shiraz. In the end, I guess it's all about "you pays your money and you takes your choice". We could have gone to Morton's, paid three or four times the price, and no doubt we would have enjoyed it, but we chose the Outback. Everything was to our taste, the staff were delightful and very helpful and the price was very reasonable. We couldn't fault it.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Went to my go to place on the road Outback and I was disappointed in this one. It took forever for me to get my food and when I did get my food the fish was over cooked and the steak was under cooked. The steak was ok I dont mind it a little rare. But I love the wood fire grill mahi usually but it was poorly done by this outback. Took way too long to get my food and after asking for my check it was there another 20 minutes.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Use to go four to six times a year just to get the prime rib and mash potatoes. The last couple of times it seemed to be going downhill on the quality of food. Last night we went and the prime rib was chewy. Never again will I go. They have cut the quality so much that it's not worth it.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

The food is as good an any other Outback. But, when they tell you on the phone it will be 15-20 minutes to pick up your food at the curb side pick-up and it was actually more like 45 minutes, it sort of negates the advantages of take out. Stay away from the curb side pick-up at this one.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Alamo Heights, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I wouldn't cross the parking lot to eat here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook