“sausage, panackes, biscuits...”

Richmond, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sausage, panackes, biscuits...”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Followed Drivers, Diners and Dive's advice and have no regrets! Really good and fresh food! Cute restaurant. Quick service. Really yummy breakfast sausages and the German apple pancake....amazing!!

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Bridgeport, Texas
“Breakfast lovers paradise - worth the wait”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate here on a saturday morning while in town for business. We like to try & go to Diners, Drive Ins & Dives places. You will not be dissappointed when eating here. We had a 30-40 min wait but when all the other resturants around don't have a wait you know this place must be worth it. Not to mention that they make their own sausage & syrup plus they try to use local farm ingredients. The pecan praline french toast was amazing and my hubby really liked the biscuits & gravy along with the hash. If you are in San Antonio you must eat here :)

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Pancakes to die for!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a pancake person but U'd heard so much about them I just had to try them. I ordered 2 small buttermilk pancakes as a side plus an order of their home made pork sausage patties (2 large) - and just had to try their hash browns with garlic & onion. Well those pancakes were amazing - absolutely the lightest & fluffiest ever! They just melt in your mouth! And the sausage was so tasty - so different from the typical breakfast sausage. And while the hash browns were yummy, I wish I had ordered a stack of pancakes
instead. We went at 8:30 on a Weds morning - no wait at all and still plenty of seating when we left 45 minutes later. But knowing what I know now I sure wouldn't mind waiting. Our server was Grant and he was attentive and friendly - everyone we interacted with smiled and made us feel like they were glad we came. Truly refreshing.

San Antonio, TX
“Bountiful Brunch”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my second trip to the Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio ...extreme deliciousity! We heard about this place while watching an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives where they showcased their homemade corned beef hash and their apfel Pfannekuchen.

Our first time there, we arrived after a morning run @ about 10 am on a Saturday and the place was packed! We had a short wait, but it was well worth it! My husband ordered the corned bef hash with eggs and I ordered the apfel Pfannekuchen (kind of a large, thin pancake with apples cooked in the center). They were both amazing, though way too much food for the two of us. The apfel Pfannekuchen was very sweet and could be ordered as a dessert and shared four ways.

Today we arrived @ about 12:45 on a Tuesday (they close at 2). The place was relatively full but we were seated immediately. The service was outstanding (you won't have to wait for your coffee cup to stay filled). My husband stuck with the corned beef hash while I opted for the Magnolia Breakfast with Canadian bacon and pancakes. Yum! The Canadian bacon was lightly smoked and lean ...not too salty. Their pancakes are light and extremely flavorable. They serve their homemade syrup warm.

And ....the price for the quality meal and service is remarkable! Love this place!

• Visited August 2013
Katy, Texas
“Brunch to remember but be prepared to wait”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stopped by the Magnolia Pancake Haus with the family for Sunday brunch to find quite a large crowd waiting. The hostess informed me that the wait was an hour and a half. We had the day free with no urgent places to be so we decided to wait hoping that the wait would not be as long as indicated. The restaurant's wait list system allows you to give them your cell number and they will text you when your table is ready. You can also see where you place is in queue by going to a website provide in the text. I received a text promptly to confirm that I was on the list and I promptly looked to see where we were in line. There where 79 parties were in front of us!! The wait ended up being about an hour and a half when we received our text that our table was ready.

Once inside our orders were quickly taken and our food was out within 15 minutes. The menu had a good variety of breakfast selections. I have to say this was one of the best breakfasts that I've had in a long time. The pancakes here were great and I also tried a side order of their sausage which was also good. I really like the syrup as it was very thin and absorbed quickly into the pancakes. I ended up buying a bottle of the syrup that they sell to take home to use when I make pancakes.

This was my first time to Magnolia Pancake Haus but I'll definitely come back when I'm in San Antonio again.