“Great breakfast experience”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were impressed with the way the restaurant checks you in - we were told an 80 min wait and that they would text us when our table is ready! We had time to run an errand and could keep track of how many parties were ahead of us on our phone. So cool! We only ended up waiting 55 minutes.

It was a difficult choice of what to order because the menu is pretty extensive. We finally settled on bacon and cheese omelette, hash browns, bacon, bananas foster French toast and pancakes! Service was great and food arrived quickly! Would recommend this place if you LOVE breakfast!

There are newer reviews for Magnolia Pancake Haus

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I remember visiting the Magnolia Pancake Haus several years ago and since I was staying at the nearby dreadful SpringHill Suites (see my review) I just had to stop by. I arrived about 8:30 am and the place was about half full. By the time I left at 9:10 there were twenty people in the entry way waiting so get here early, the locals know!

Their highlighted, signature dish is the German apple pancake. It is made with fresh Granny Smith apples, egg batter and spices so I thought I'd try it. It came to my table direct from the pan in about 10 minutes- very, very hot and absolutely perfectly cooked. The apples were spiced with cinnamon, sugar and ??? and were caramelized. It was topped with fresh real whipped cream and no syrup (actually none was needed). I compared this to my other favorite apple pancake (Original Pancake House, Las Vegas) and I like this one the best.

The store is brightly lit, painted is a pleasant green tone and was absolutely spotless. Service by Alexis S was great, and the Manager came by to ask how I liked my meal! Superb I told him.

If you are wondering, no, even this big eater couldn't finish it! Not sure what the Calorie count is, probably best expressed in exponential notation anyway, but when I am in the area I am definitely coming back!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Love having brunch at this place!! They're only open til 2pm so if you arrive there later than 9am expect longer wait times.. With that said, once you get seated their service is prompt and always great. We love trying new things from their menu and love how their ingredients are always fresh. Try all their omelettes...my favorite so far is their bodega bay while my hubby always goes for the corned beef hash.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This restaurant has really received so much publicity lately, that we weren't really sure it would live up to it all. We ended up there for a late breakfast around 10:30am on a Wednesday. The timing turned out to be perfect! The wait was about 10 minutes and they have a nice texting feature to let you know when your table is ready and you can also check on your wait time to find out how many parties are ahead of you. Our server, Christine, was very friendly and helpful. She seemed to be there just when we needed her! I ordered a traditional two egg breakfast with the thick cut bacon and pancakes. The pancakes are light, fluffy & a must order. I asked for my eggs to be poached hard and they were cooked just right. And the bacon...well, it was fantastic! I am definitely planning to return there and I think the best tip would be to try to make your visit in the middle of the week right before lunch time.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Pancakes are my favorite, and the place is awesome! The restaurant style is like a large wood frame house with a porch out front and along the side. The food is excellent. They serve traditional breakfast and lunch fare with a twist. I had the corned beef hash with bacon pancakes. I know it SOUNDS gross, but it was yummy! :) The panckes were not too thick, and fluffy. My friend had Louisiana Eggs Benedict...He loved it. It had best fluffy and flakey layered biscuits. It is a bit expensive and it gets VERY crowded. Go during off-peak hours.