“It was horrible!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Harlandale
“It was horrible!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were told it would be 20 mins for a table, we waited and no one ever left the restaurant. We went in with several vacant tables. They sat 6 of us at a table for 4, when the food came we had to hold it bc there was no table space. We got fajitas and it tastes like the burned cast iron skillet. It was terrible and has ruined me from ever going back to any Chili's.

• Visited July 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Whole lotta waiting going on...”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It wasn't that busy, and we weren't high maintenance, I promise. But it took more than five minutes for drinks to come, and luckily we ordered appetizers - it took awhile. The burger order for one of our party was wrong (as in ordered plain and dry, came dressed and with *ugh* mustard, said the princess). The wait staff was not to be found, so we sent an emissary to the kitchen and a cook came out, retrieved the offending burger and eventually returned with one that was acceptable. Did I mention the restaurant was not busy? Well, we'd asked for an additional order to go when we put in our order, and when we asked for it as we were leaving, the waitperson hemmed and hawed instead of admitting she'd forgotten to put the order in, so we waited for that to be prepared...lotta waiting going on. On the up side, the food was tasty and plentiful, and prices fair.

• Visited April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dj is an awesome server the food was great!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Arrived at chilis after a long morning of errands & we were seated right away our server dj was fantastic & very helpful to answer any of our quiestions, even though the resturant was pretty busy he was still very attentive to our needs! We had the triple dipper with southwestern eggrolls , mozz sticks , & spinich artichoke dip, on top of that he brought us courtesy chips & salsa, the food was amazing , the appitizer was so big and fullfilling we decided to split an entree which was the honey chipolte chicken crispers w/ loaded mash it was served hot and the taste was incredible!!! I really reccomend if you visit this chilis to request dj as a server!!

• Visited January 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs better management!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I'm one of those who doesn't like to complain. But this one just gets worst every time! the food is good but most of the servers Ive had are bad. They seem inexperienced and not well trained. The last time I went to this chili's, the server took very long to get to the table. We decided to order our food along with our drinks. That was the last time we saw her. Another server got us our drinks after a long wait. After about 40 mins, our food would not come out. We asked for our server and decided to take our food to go as it was getting late. A manager came and apologized and asked us "What happened?" My answer was, "sir you tell US what happened!" He was unable to answer back. Maybe this was just a bad day for them

TX
“Bad again,, won't go to Chili's anymore”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

OK... we tried another Chili's when leaving from a San Antonio Visit. This one is at 12503 W. Interstate 10. We got the 2 people deal for $20. I ordered Fajita's (Chicken) and my husband a Burger. I tried to eat mine and just couldn't do it! There was absolutely no taste/flavor/seasoning on the Chicken, bell pepper or onion; needless to say the onions burned/black crispy on the very bottom on a sizzling platter! They refunded mine and brought me a side salad, that is about all I wanted after that. Seriously, the chicken pieces were cut very thick (not like fajita meat) and I just told them they were the worst fajita's I had ever had. We will not try another dish at any Chili's.. this was the topper of bad experiences for us at Chili's! There are too many places to choose from to settle for this kind of food!!!

• Visited July 2011