“Horrible Service, bad food”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #2,386 of 4,628 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Far West Side
Roland, OK
“Horrible Service, bad food”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I'm reviewing the CHili's at the San Antonio Rivercenter Mall. It is located on the banks of the river inside the man-made loop that runs into the Rivercenter Mall area. Upon entry, my wife, 8 yr old, and myself were greeted by a disinterested receptionist. We told we preferred a booth and even though there were several available in sight, she dragged us into the bar. The bar is always a good place for an 8 yr old, right? NO. So, we asked to be taken to a table not in the bar. She seemed baffled and confused.. and annoyed. After about 5 minutes I was about to get up and ask for a waitress but one finally came. She was friendly but she also proved elusive. We ordered chips and dip and drinks and again, it was quite a wait to get them.. and I was thirsty- it's hot in San ANtonio! After she brought the drinks and chips I discovered she'd brought me Dr Pepper instead of Diet COke. We began to eat our chips and the salsa was spicy. I waited.. and waited.. and... finally I asked the receptionist if she could get me the correct drink because our waitress had not come back. She left and eventually the waitress brought my drink. Then, we finished our chips and salsa and drinks and sat there, waiting... and waiting. I tried to stop another waiter on his way through to request a refill but was ignored. We finally got our food and refills. We've eaten at Chili's many times. We knew what to expect from the food, but this was not up to the usual quality of chilis'. It was very disappointing. After eating we waited... and waited.. and.. for our check. I finally got up and went to the restroom. When I returned we were still waiting for our check. I would've asked for it but we never saw our waitress. Eventually, she appeared and we requested our check. She ran off again and after a few minutes I saw her at the register ringing it up. Finally... we got our check and gave her our card and got out of there. It was a most disappointing dining experience. The staff here is awful. I saw the manager hanging around in the back of the restaurant when I went to the restroom. Perhaps, if he was more involved he could train the staff a little better. Maybe they were understaffed but it seemed there were a lot of empty tables. I don't recommend this location. I wish I had chosed something else.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank JimboInTheHouse

Salina, Kansas
“Must be in the training...”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have a Chili's where we live, but don't go there because the service is terrible. We thought we would give Chili's another try 700 miles later at the River Walk we had the same experience. To hostess was nice, but it took 3 different attempts to get a wait person. The odd thing was it was a late on a Tuesday evening so being busy wasn't an excuse. Bad service translates to bad reviews...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Staceyleesoldan
Mexia, Texas
“Regretted my choice”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was very upset by my visit to the Chili's on the Riverwalk. We stopped because it was a great location that usually was a pretty good restaurant. The waitress was very rude. It took a really long time to get the milkshake and margarita we ordere. The appetizer and meal came pretty quickly. They do deserve credit for that. My husband thought his ribs were dry. His corn on the cob was chewy. My sandwich, salad, and fries were ok. The worst part was my son's mushroom burger. The mushrooms were so salty it was inedible. I informed the waitress so that she could let the cook know about the mushrooms. Feedback helps you get better. She got the manager. We were not looking for any type of compensation. We got full, so we were good. The manager was very guarded and explained to us that they seasoned the mushrooms with garlic and other spices. I've been to restaurants before, I felt like he was condescending. He asked if we wanted them to remake it or he would give us dessert. We were insulted and refused. After that I assume thatntheynwere upset with us. It took a really long time to get our check. My tip: do not eat at this restaurant. Evidently, they don't want your money.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sadie E
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Lunchtime happy hour!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Chili's is an easy choice when traveling. It's a name we know and food we love. I found the place very clean and friendly. I was greeted at the door and decided to sit in the bar area. Tina came to welcome me with a glass of ice water and recommended their happy hour special of traditional margaritas. I ordered one and she also let me know she would be bringing complimentary chips and salsa to me. The margarita was perfect and salsa was kickin'. Chips were warm and crispy. I ordered their buffalo chicken salad - as it is one of my favs. The salad was fantastic with the buffalo chicken mixed with the crispy greens and flavorful tomatoes. The service was excellent and the food was fantasitc. Thanks Tina for your service and smile :o)

Visited June 2012
Odessa, Texas
“Great Service!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The food was wonderful and they had excellant service.

Visited May 2012