“Awesome Food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Description: Sea Island Shrimp House specializes in wild-caught Texas Gulf shrimp. Guest favorites include Lemon Pepper Fish and Shrimp, Charbroiled Shrimp, Shrimp Salad, Stuffed Shrimp, Shrimp Linguine, and more. We also serve Grilled Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Gulf Oysters on the Half Shell, Catfish, and Flounder, when available. Not a seafood fan? Enjoy our juicy Steaks, Burgers, Beef Kabobs and Grilled Chicken. Soups, salads and a variety of appetizers, including Shrimp Cocktail, Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, Calamari, Ceviche and more keep our guests coming back time after time!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The charbroiled shrimp is delish!! Although it's counter service, the prices and food quality is well worth it. You certainly get your moneys worth. The personnel were all very kind, friendly, and helpful. The food was excellent. The patio dining was very peaceful, and the inside has a nice cool seating area as welll. I recommend this place for sure- each access on to the loop as well.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed February 27, 2019

The Fried Fish and Shrimp and Sea Island is fantastic! We bought for 8 people and everyone said it was amazing accept one. My wife did not like the Coconut Shrimp though!

Date of visit: February 2019
Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2019

Thank you for joining us and taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a good experience and will pass your feedback along to the team. We hope you stop in again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2019

Menu had sides of hot and cold green beans. Of course wife ordered hot but only to find them way too spicy. I guess hot and cold isn’t about the temperature.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

We ordered ceviche, a bowl of gumbo, and a plate of fried shrimp with baked potato. The gumbo was definitely the star of the show and I would've been a happy camper just ordering that and swiping a couple shrimp off my Hubby's plate when he wasn't looking. Service was friendly and fairly quick, and we enjoyed our meal. Overall, though, the food definitely didn't stand out or impress in any way, so I doubt we choose to stop by again. It wasn't bad... just not great.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Quality of food at Sea Island has recently gotten worse. This time two bugs crawled out of my fish, one from under and one from in the batter. Both alive. I returned my order to the server who brought me another one (plate, not bug). Fish had an "off" taste and shrimp was tough and stringy.

Date of visit: June 2018