“A new experience for me”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #2,729 of 4,648 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A new experience for me”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We bypassed Chili's and Carraba's, since we can get them at home. Joe's Crab Shack! Let's check it out!!
Lots of intriguing choices; we went with the Crab Cake Dinner and the crab-stuffed shrimp, after an appetizer sampler. The fireballs are so yummy. Everything was!
Loved that vegetables were served with the entrees.
The crab stuffed shrimp were good, but I was dismayed to see them floating on a pool of butter. And--wow!--salty! We don't use much salt at home, so were a little overpowered by it.
The Category 5 Hurricane was too sweet for me.
2entrees, an app, a drink and a beer came to $60. I was surprised--thought it seemed high.
Nice, upper-casual atmosphere.
Our waiter, Matt, was handsome, hunky, and had a great smile, and was very attentive.
I would definitely come here again, being moe careful with the choices with respect to cost.

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“craborama!!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

this was amazing, IF you like crabs, and IF you can bear to pull the legs apart, which were enormous, you are given a pair of plyers! I chose to have lobster pieces which were delicious,.Order a Marguerita, which comes in a giant jam jar, which you get to keep. The place is lovely with a large plastic shark hanging from the ceiling, they also sell t shirts with funny logo's. The place was a bit pricey, two meals and two drinks came to about $60. Go early, before 6pm, as it does get very busy. the restaurant is at what is known as the Quarry, head for the airport and it's off Mcallister on 281. They also serve steak, which my husband said was the best steak he had had in a long time.

• Visited November 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“Great place”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food here was good but presentation was sad. We did however have a wonderful server named Robert. He was very helpful to the kiddos and very friendly. He definitely earned his tip. We ate outside and the view was nice.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank honiebear420
San Antonio, Texas
“Dog Patch, USA?”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I tend to agree with other reviewers about the corn pone antics of the wait people. I know they are "commanded" to do so, but I feel like I am in a Lil' Abner movie set. The food is o.k. here, but I also hate having to sit with someone I haven't chosen to sit with on a picnic bench when the place gets crowded. This may be a good way for singles to meet, but please, I am here to enjoy my dinner and not go on a speed date or to lend an ear for a chronic quidnunc. And save the watering cans for the barn yard animals or for icing down bottles of beer. Plates are just fine for me.

• Visited February 2013
Victoria
“Joe's is always fun”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

there are a couple of Joe's Crab Shack locations in San Antonio but the main theme is to have a fun time while eating, the staff is always up to something

Visited January 2013