“Terrible experience”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My partner suggested we go to this restaurant after our tragic meal all she could do was say she was sorry definitely will not be eating at another one of these tacky places.

1  Thank Robin F

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stopped here for lunch. My husband and I split a plate of Paella(shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams and andouille sausage in a tomato base served over rice). It was one of my favorite meals while we were in San Antonio. We went on a Tuesday for happy hour and had Patron margaritas for $5. They were decent size and were so smooth. The waitresses and waiters have a little fun dancing to a song once an hour. Very entertaining. We sat out on the deck area so we could watch all the people. I can't wait to go back, the next time the convention is in San Antonio!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We both ordered this dish and were disappointed with it. The lobster was very tough, and there were 2 tiny pieces of sausage in the grits. I asked the server for butter for my corn on the cob, but for some reason she bought me hot oil, stating it was "melted butter". I tried it and it tasted like hot canola oil! The meal was definitely not worth the price. The service was also very slow, even though there were only 6 tables of people. We have eaten at this Joe's many times before, so the fact that the meal and service were so bad really surprised us. We probably won't go back again since there are many other options for great seafood in San Antonio. If you do go, don't get this dish.

4  Thank GradReviewer
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have Been going to this restaurant for over five years because of their excellent seafood selection, freshness and taste. This good experience ended with our last visit, I don't know which one was worst; the service or the food. It took for ever to get someone to serve us and to bring in the drinks and take our food order. When the food finally came out it looked like if someone had just splashed the mash potatoes on the plate and the fish was tasteless and gummy. Never, ever again would we go back to this restaurant.

1  Thank crame
Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you are a Joe's fan, then skip this one. We've always eaten at the Joe's in Pearland, Tx and Branson, MS. The one on the riverwalk in San Antonio was the first time being dissatisfied. Food portions were ANEMIC and just not up to normal standards. My steam pot - she opened the lid and said "TADAAA" and neither of us could see the food until it was on the table. It hardly filled the bowl inside the steam pot. Just didn't taste as good either. We were starving and it was crowded so we ate, but honestly it wasn't anymore rewarding than fast food.