“Over-Rated Seafood”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I ordered one of their signature Seafood Buckets and did not enjoy as much as I was hoping. The corn was soggy, and seafood seemed overcooked. I would not recommend it.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Joes always disappoints. Went because someone gave us a gift card. We had to ask for Silverware. Waiter was too busy and thought he could make up for bad service with "mind-less banter"

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was my first time trying Joe's Crab Shack and I was kind of disappointed. The prices would've been reasonable if everything was fresh. We ordered the Bean Town Bake and it tasted like everything was frozen previously. I don't know if all Joe's Crab Shack was like this, but I will be reluctant to come back.

2  Thank Joanna F
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went to this location on 7/29/12 around noon. I was by myself, and decided to treat myself to a steampot. The restaurant was not crowded at all, not even close, and I was seated immediately. A waitress came quickly, and I ordered some sweet tea for my drink while I perused the menu. Five minutes came and went, waitress was nowhere to be seen. This is tea, not some complicated mixed drink.

Thinking about the warning signs in the parking lot mentioning frequent car break-ins, I decided that was a sign, and just walked out, still without my drink anywhere to be found. I figured I'd just save my money for somewhere else, and avoid the hassle of any attempted break in of my car.

I'm guessing the food would have been okay (marked as good), but thanks to the slow service, I guess I'll never know...

1  Thank Gideon_Krasmanic
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The atmosphere & food was great the waitress was nice and friendly.We did have to wait 45 minutes for a table but you can expect that on the Riverwalk at dinnertime. I had one issue where we all ordered steam pots and they forgot our shrimp, when we did get the shrimp it was very overcooked..other than that no complaints.I would definitely be coming back again.