“Fish was great, but pie was terrible”

Sea Island Shrimp House
Ranked #385 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Description: Sea Island Shrimp House specializes in wild-caught Texas Gulf shrimp. Guest favorites include Lemon Pepper Fish and Shrimp, Charbroiled Shrimp, Shrimp Salad, Stuffed Shrimp, Shrimp Linguine, and more. We also serve Grilled Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Gulf Oysters on the Half Shell, Catfish, and Flounder, when available. Not a seafood fan? Enjoy our juicy Steaks, Burgers, Beef Kabobs and Grilled Chicken. Soups, salads and a variety of appetizers, including Shrimp Cocktail, Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, Calamari, Ceviche and more keep our guests coming back time after time!
san antonio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish was great, but pie was terrible”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We eat here all the time and as always the fish is great. Used the coupon for a free slice of key lime pie for my birthday. The pie had a funny taste and I shouldn't have continued eating it , but I did. Within 3 hours I became very sick. Was sick all the rest of sat. And into Sunday. Will be back, but will stay away from the pie.

Visited March 2014
Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
So sorry to hear you felt ill hours after dining with us! Please send an email to contactus@shrimphouse.com with details about your visit. Include the time, the date, your receipt number and/or the items you purchased. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

San Francisco, California
“Good Shrimps”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I ordered shrimp ceasar salad, my husband ordered Lemon Pepper fish and shrimp combo.

The Lemon Pepper fish came in breaded or grilled. They are pretty generous with their seasoning. It was tasty except a little bit overcooked (dry).

The shrimp was excellent and I love my salad a lot.

We also ordered ceviche. It was not the same type of ceviche I get in Peruvian restaurant. The fish was pre-cooked before marinated in lemon/lime juice. It was okay.

For drink, I ordered lemon juice. I thought it was fresh squeeze but it tasted like from concentrated. For most people it will be okay but I am a bit particular with my juice.

What I like about this place is you walk up to the counter and order. They give you a buzzer and you pick up your food when it's ready. Very decent price for good food. Not an excellent choice but for the price, it is worth it.

Will I go back? Yes.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for giving us a try while you were in town! We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review! All the feedback we receive from our guests is valuable to us and will certainly share your thoughts with the rest of our team. Thank you!
Newburgh, New York
“It was good”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I love seafood. This was good. The shrimp salad for old folks was good. The ceviche was strong and not enough shrimp, but tasty.

Visited March 2014
So glad you were able to join us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we hope to serve you again in the future!
Brownsville, Texas
“Great place, great prices, and great food!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I really enjoyed this place. I am lucky to leave near a port and exposed to really fresh seafood. So naturally I was a little hesitant to try the Sea Island Shrimp House but I am glad I went. The lemon pepper shrimp was outstanding. We ordered our food at the counter and then you get called when your order is ready. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. I also ate the scallops. I thought they were going to be big sea scallops but they look more like bay scallops. Either way, the scallops were tender and delicious. And the prices!! Very reasonable for the meal you get. Go to their website and look. Twenty shrimp for 11.99!! Wow. Definetly go to this restuarant.

• Visited March 2014
Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Jill, thank you so much for giving us a try and posting a comment about your experience! We really look forward to your next visit!
San Antonio, Texas
“One of my favorites.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This place is fast yet delicious. I seriously felt like I was sitting at someone's house and their grandma had made the food. The manager/operator took time to answer all of my wife's silly questions and trust me she has tons of them. The service was great and the food was as well. Can not rave enough, EAT HERE!

• Visited January 2014
Meghan V, Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Michael, it's great to hear from you! We certainly hope you feel like family when you dine with us! While our family has been in the restaurant business for over a 100 years, Sea Island Shrimp House has been our pride and joy since 1965! We prepare our meals using quality ingredients in the same made-from-scratch recipes our founders used long ago! Please feel free to join us anytime you're in the area!