“Food quality was Good but slow service!”

Simi's India Cuisine
Ranked #323 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Indian
Description: At Simi's, our goal is to provide our guests with the finest authentic cuisine from Northern India, known for its savory clay oven batbecued ishes and exotic curries.Simi's was opened in May, 1989. We all hope that you will visit us in the near future.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food quality was Good but slow service!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Good was good in taste but service was slow. May be it was too crowded when we went. Overall good value!

We requested hot and spicy dish but it was very much toned down, I appreciate if they use some real spices from India. :)

• Visited December 2013

“Rude waiter”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The food was much better in the past & they had a friendly cashier who would actually talk to you and make you feel welcome. Not anymore. The food is okayish in quality; nothing great & nothing awful. The real problem is with the extremely rude, tired old, waiter. Horrible service, bad attitude and blah food. Will not be back. ever.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank GiantRobotJohn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Indian cuisine has been my favorite for over 45 years. I've sampled Indian food in many countries. I lived in England for over 11 years where there are as many Indian restaurants as there are Mexican restaurants here in San Antonio. I've sampled all in San Antonio. I haven’t been to Simi’s for some years so I thought I try it this evening. The service and price was good, however the food was very bland. We had the Empire dinner for two. My wife’s favorite dish is Chicken Tika Masala, but Simi’s version was very bland. The gravy tasted like cream of tomato soup with a little spice. That was a huge disappointment for her. The lamb curry, mixed vegetables, tandoori chicken were bland, the saag paneer had too mint and spoiled the dish. It appears the spice is way too subdued perhaps to accommodate American tastes, but it far from authentic. Sorry, but I could recommend a few Indian buffets in town that have tastier food. Perhaps this is why I haven’t been there in some years.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John M
San Antonio, Texas
“The best Indian restaurant in SA.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I met some friends at Simi's a few days sgo. They and their families have tried other Indian restaurants in town, but it's to Simi's that they keep returning and so will we. The service is great, the food is outstanging, and the prices reasonable. I shared the Dinner for Two with my husband which has a little of everything for $29. It wss enough food for 3 people, but so delicious that we ate almost all of it til we could eay no more.

• Visited April 2013
Portland, TX
“Reliable Deliciousness!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I eat here whenever we are in San Antonio. We are gradually moving toward vegetarianism and this is a place you can find a variety of meatless dishes that are delicious and well-prepared, making vegetarianism seem like less of a challenge. There are plenty of dishes with meat if that's what you prefer (they're delicious too, I have had them in the past). The restaurant is very clean, the food is fresh and well-prepared from appetizers, through the various featured dishes, through condiments and desserts. Every time we eat here, we comment on how much we enjoy it. The atmosphere is somewhat lacking, but your not going to take a romantic date to a buffet, right?

• Visited September 2012