“Awesome casual Tex-mex”

Ranked #25 of 4,629 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Awesome casual Tex-mex”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Rosario's while in San Antonio. Even though we were staying on the Riverwalk, we tried Rosario's to get away from the crowds. The atmosphere was nice and comfortable, not to dressy. The wait staff was very accomidating. We ordered enchiladas but couldn't decide on the sauce, so the waitress brought 3 different samples for us to taste. It was great. The food was very tasty. The chorizo sauce was great - great smokey flavor. I would highly recommend Rosario.

Visited July 2014

Garland, Texas
“Birthday celebration”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Alex, our server was fantastic! He gave us some excellent recommendations and was on top of his game even on a extremely busy Saturday night. The "handshaken" margarita was off the charts! We were very pleased to have selected this option with no idea on what to expect.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank MMJones09
Greenville,tx
“Great Texmex!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Rosario's is a very hip spot with really good food! The service is friendly and the food came faster than expected! Great place to stop but parking is a little scarce.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Yes, you do want to eat here”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I travel to San Antonio often and the most disappointing thing about all of my trips is that it wasn't until the last one that I found this restaurant. I have never liked any of the "Mexican" food on the river walk. This place is so different. Get off the water... not that far off, just a couple of blocks. The chips fresh and the salsa is not out of a jar. That was the first sign, things were going to be tasty. The cucumber and jalapeno margarita, is so good. The prickly pear one is good, too. Not quite as sweet as other places on the river walk, which I appreciated. We ate there twice in three days, and both meals were delicious. I let the waiter recommend for me both nights, and I am glad that I did. The live music was wonderful on Saturday night. Sounded like Latin jazz. I didn't want to leave, but there were lots of people waiting, so I didn't want to be rude. I cannot wait for our next trip to SA, for not other reason than I want to eat there again. It is not the best Mexican or Tex-Mex I've ever had, but it is definitely the best I've ever had in San Antonio.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank miss_mimi_okc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, nice walk over”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Rosario's was just the meal our family was looking for. The kids meals were great and the Rosario tacos were amazing. The pork fajitas were not the greatest due to the fatty meat but that was our only bad choice. This is a large restaurant so even if it looks crowded the wait isn't long. We made the mistake of walking over on St. Mary's which wasn't the greatest walk but we used the river walk on the return trip and it was a beautiful walk.